positive experience: belkin

Old May 31st 07, 10:40 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
ric

Default positive experience: belkin

Hi All,
Had a Belkin 4 port wireless cable router that I bought 2nd hand that
wouldn't stay up for more than a couple of minutes. I was about to
bin it, when I thought I'd give Belkin a go.
Much to my surprise, they were excellent. Indian call center took all
my details, and promised to pass to tech support. I thought that'd be
the end of it, but some 6 hours later I got an email advising they'd
send a new one out, and I didn't need to return the old one. 6 hours
later a courier arrived at home with a new router.
The Belkin routers may not be all that great, but I was most impressed
with their service...
Ric

Old May 31st 07, 04:01 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when ric
opened his gob and said:

The Belkin routers may not be all that great, but I was most impressed
with their service...

Coo, me too.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old May 31st 07, 10:23 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

On May 31, 10:40 am, ric wrote:
Hi All,
Had a Belkin 4 port wireless cable router that I bought 2nd hand that
wouldn't stay up for more than a couple of minutes. I was about to
bin it, when I thought I'd give Belkin a go.
Much to my surprise, they were excellent. Indian call center took all
my details, and promised to pass to tech support. I thought that'd be
the end of it, but some 6 hours later I got an email advising they'd
send a new one out, and I didn't need to return the old one. 6 hours
later a courier arrived at home with a new router.
The Belkin routers may not be all that great, but I was most impressed
with their service...
Ric

I've found similar

Their products may not be that good.

But their tech support is open 24/7, isn't 50p a minute.
Note: Hold the line and they'll be there. It doesn't seem like it from
the message telling you their opening hours when you call late, but
they are!

They actually have 2 tech support numbers. depending on whether you've
spent alot like £70. I think if you spent that much it's an 0800
number. Otherwise it's 0845 or 09123. It takes some luck too to get
the 0800 number.

Their sales team is alright. (one member I ask for is very good!)

Their customer service is excellent. Great for returns. (maybe because
alot of people return stuff!)

The service you received seems to be amazing. I'd be suprised if
they'd do that often.
a)not having to return it !
b)courier arriving same day!
c)not having to go through a whole discussion taking hours to show the
tech support guy that it doesn't work

that's unbelievable.

They do some bad KVM stuff.. I've heard some people getting belkin
cables though, maybe those work well!

Actually, my friend hasn't had any problems with the Belkin wireless G
router that he purchased.