Ebuyer supersaver delivery

Old April 2nd 07, 05:50 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Andy[_2_]

Default Ebuyer supersaver delivery

I just don't get this system. They wait until the last day then ship it
on a next day delivery :/

Old April 2nd 07, 07:45 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
jim

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 17:50:19 +0100, "Andy" wrote:

I just don't get this system. They wait until the last day then ship it
on a next day delivery :/

Pay extra for next day delivery at the time of ordering at get it 5
days earlier

jim
Old April 3rd 07, 01:15 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Linker3000

Andy wrote:
I just don't get this system. They wait until the last day then ship it
on a next day delivery :/

Ah, but they put your £2.40 in a special high interest account and in
the few days it's in there they earn...no, hang on..that ain't gonna
work is it!?

Yeah, weird!

Mind you - they managed to throw an MS optical mouse in with the
motherboard I ordered recently and they haven't got back to me yet on
whether I should keep it (top secret bundled offer??) and last year I
sent back a duff £10 MP3 player and received a £60 unit with colour
screen as a replacement!

Maybe it's a tax dodge?
Old April 3rd 07, 10:23 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Andy[_2_]

"Linker3000" wrote in message
Andy wrote:
I just don't get this system. They wait until the last day then ship
it on a next day delivery :/

Ah, but they put your £2.40 in a special high interest account and in the
few days it's in there they earn...no, hang on..that ain't gonna work is
it!?

Yeah, weird!

Mind you - they managed to throw an MS optical mouse in with the
motherboard I ordered recently and they haven't got back to me yet on
whether I should keep it (top secret bundled offer??) and last year I sent
back a duff £10 MP3 player and received a £60 unit with colour screen as a
replacement!

Maybe it's a tax dodge?

If they are not saving on the postage i guess the cost savings must be on
the fact they dont have to rush with the packaging/labelling etc. For big
orders i can probably understand why they wait so long to ship but I also
ordered a harddisk on Saturday on the supersaver. Instead of just sending
the bloody
thing out today or tomorrow it's not being shipped until next Tuesday for
next day delivery on the Wednesday :/
The risk i think for ebuyer is if i were to see the price cheaper elsewhere
later in the week i'm likely to want going to cancel the ebuyer order.

Old April 3rd 07, 11:24 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
LSR

Andy wrote:
The risk i think for ebuyer is if i were to see the price cheaper
elsewhere later in the week i'm likely to want going to cancel the
ebuyer order.

Ahh but you can't . To quote their Ts & C's

"Order Cancellations - You may cancel any item that has not entered the
shipping process. Most items enter the shipping process 5 minutes after you
place your order. You may cancel entire orders via the Account section
within these first 5 minutes. "

--
LSR

Old April 3rd 07, 11:33 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Bob Eager

Andy wrote:
[...]

I think they can bulk up shipments to make sure they get the best deal
from the carrier's collection for that day.

--
[Davism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
euthanasia recommended.
Old April 3rd 07, 11:55 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Tim[_3_]

LSR wrote:

Andy wrote:
The risk i think for ebuyer is if i were to see the price cheaper
elsewhere later in the week i'm likely to want going to cancel the
ebuyer order.

Ahh but you can't . To quote their Ts & C's

"Order Cancellations - You may cancel any item that has not entered the
shipping process. Most items enter the shipping process 5 minutes after
you place your order. You may cancel entire orders via the Account section
within these first 5 minutes. "

Distance selling regulations trump their T&Cs, even to the point of return
goods after receipt, within a time limit or 7 days.
Old April 3rd 07, 12:34 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Bob Eager

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 10:55:08 UTC, Tim wrote:

LSR wrote:

Andy wrote:
The risk i think for ebuyer is if i were to see the price cheaper
elsewhere later in the week i'm likely to want going to cancel the
ebuyer order.

Ahh but you can't . To quote their Ts & C's

"Order Cancellations - You may cancel any item that has not entered the
shipping process. Most items enter the shipping process 5 minutes after
you place your order. You may cancel entire orders via the Account section
within these first 5 minutes. "

Distance selling regulations trump their T&Cs, even to the point of return
goods after receipt, within a time limit or 7 days.

Of course, but you may well have to pay the return postage. That will
depend on whether they've covered that in the T&Cs.
Old April 5th 07, 02:59 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 17:50:19 +0100, "Andy" wrote:

I just don't get this system. They wait until the last day then ship it
on a next day delivery :/

This is not my experience. I have had stuff delivered several days
earlier than advertised.

Yes, the shipping is usually "next day" but that is because the
couriers don't offer a choice. I suspect that they charge less if they
are not required to deliver within 24 hours.

MK
Old April 5th 07, 03:17 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Palindrome

wrote:
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 17:50:19 +0100, "Andy" wrote:

I just don't get this system. They wait until the last day then ship it
on a next day delivery :/

This is not my experience. I have had stuff delivered several days
earlier than advertised.

Yes, the shipping is usually "next day" but that is because the
couriers don't offer a choice. I suspect that they charge less if they
are not required to deliver within 24 hours.

I reckon that ebuyer only has "next day" contracts for outgoing orders.

It's all to do with "just in time" ordering and stock levels. If they
have a few days before they need to ship, it gives them time to get
goods in to meet the orders. If it has to ship immediately on order, it
has to be met from existing stock. So, the more customers that take
supersaver, the lower they can keep their stock levels and the lower the
amount of money they have tied up in inventory.

Plus, of course, the extra that people are willing to pay for immediate
shippping more than offsets the cost of having to have some stock.

If they already have more stock than required to meet the immediate
shipping demands that are forecast, they may as well ship it
immediately. Otherwise it just needs to be stored, at a cost. Hence why
some orders are shipped early.

--
Sue