some terms!

Old June 25th 03, 11:31 PM
bobb

Default some terms!

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:48:44 GMT, "leza"
wrote:

Can you please tell me how you define these
1) Bit Rate
2) Frequency
3) Clock rate
4) Transfer rate

Are these all the same or what? thanks a lot.

Depends if you are taking an exam, or are you talking real life. In
both cases, it requires that you specify what part of the system are
you talking about as the context maybe slightly different.

-bobb

Old June 26th 03, 12:08 AM
leza

No I am not taking any course and I will not ...
I am reading an artical about AGP (Graphic card)

Down The Road
Currently, there are three specifications of AGP:
a.. AGP 1.0
b.. AGP 2.0
c.. AGP Pro
AGP 2.0, which includes the original 1.0 version, provides for three modes
of operation. The interesting thing about the various modes is that they are
all running at the AGP bus speed of 66 MHz. But a 2x AGP graphics card sends
data twice every clock cycle instead of once, and a 4x AGP card sends data
four times per cycle. Look at the chart below to see how the modes compare.

Mode Approximate
Clock Rate Transfer Rate
(MBps)
1x 66 MHz 266 MBps