Buying A Dell Workstation From Aria

Old December 7th 06, 08:57 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Don

Default Buying A Dell Workstation From Aria

I am thinking of buying a Dell Workstation from Aria. Although the price
seems reasonable, looking at posts about Aria I am not sure whether I trust
them.

In their defence, most of the issues are delivery times, dead pixels on TFT
screens and poor customer service if you have a problem, however, should I
be worried about buying a Dell Workstation from them? Afterall, if it's a
Dell product, I trust the product itself.

Old December 7th 06, 10:55 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Don"
opened his gob and said:

I am thinking of buying a Dell Workstation from Aria.

Dell and Aria, mwahahaha!

Don't do it!

Dells have lots of proprietary bits in and charge the Earth for
spares...support in India.

My first and last Dell was a P133 bought in '95. Bro-in law, a more
recent Dell customer, has also vowed never to give them any more of
his sovs.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old December 8th 06, 12:10 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Don

I have been running a Dell Workstation for 7 years, and a Del PC for about
5. Neither have skipped a beat, so I am unsure why are so against Dell.
What are you comparing them to? An SGI?

Old December 8th 06, 12:29 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

opened his gob and said:

What are you comparing them to?

A regular PC with generic bits; not with proprietary motherboards,
BIOSs and PSUs.

Lots of PCs don't miss a beat g.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old December 8th 06, 12:33 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Don

What would be your choice?

Old December 8th 06, 12:44 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Don"
opened his gob and said:

What would be your choice?

I design my own and get them build by CCL Computers
(http://www.cclonline.com/). Their customer service is top-hole and
the build fee is good value, especially as the whole PC has a warranty
and not all the bits individually.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old December 8th 06, 04:03 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

opened his gob and said:

Who? Some one man band in Huddersfield?

91 employees according to the last published profile.

Next evidence of your intellect...

--
Cheers,

Guy