Dell Laptop Battery Question

Old July 14th 06, 04:30 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Breck Fontaine

Default Dell Laptop Battery Question

Hello,

I have a Dell laptop computer that I am guessing needs a new
battery. The led lights keep blinking 1 green and 4 yellow the same
all the time in a repeating row. The computer also does not hold it's
battery charge as long as it used too.

Also, my battery has these markings, LI-ION Battery - Type #6T473
BATDWOOL
14.8V 6450-
MAH Capacity
96WH

Is it possible to buy a aftermarket battery rather than buy from Dell
(expensive). Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Old July 14th 06, 05:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Breck Fontaine wrote:
Hello,

I have a Dell laptop computer that I am guessing needs a new
battery. The led lights keep blinking 1 green and 4 yellow the same
all the time in a repeating row. The computer also does not hold it's
battery charge as long as it used too.

Also, my battery has these markings, LI-ION Battery - Type #6T473
BATDWOOL
14.8V 6450-
MAH Capacity
96WH

Is it possible to buy a aftermarket battery rather than buy from Dell
(expensive). Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

I'm pretty sure it's possible to get a compatible replacement, but
laptop batteries, and other higher quality batteries ARE expesnive.
That does not change much.

That battery, on Ebay is going for $50.

This is a refurb. $43

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/lap...itemid=2253370

Old July 14th 06, 12:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Jan Alter

wrote in message
ups.com...

Breck Fontaine wrote:
[...]

There are a dozen or more companies dealing with aftermarket batteries to be
found if you will simply do a Google search.
The basic trick here is to find the company that is offering quality at a
decent price. You can rummage around ebay, but when you look at the Internet
statistics they seem to continually bend right back to that source for the
scams and dissatisfied customers.

--
Jan Alter

or