SCSI Bios not found

Old July 9th 05, 08:35 AM
x_cruizin_x

Default SCSI Bios not found

I just put a Adaptec AHA-2940U/2940UW/2940D PCI SCSI Controller on my
pc. Whenever I boot up my PC it searches the LD drives i believe, then
it when goes to the scsi controller and then said BIOS not found. What
do I need to do to fix this problem?

Here is the IRQ info if you need it.

IRQ 0 System timer OK
IRQ 1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard OK
IRQ 3 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller OK
IRQ 4 Communications Port (COM1) OK
IRQ 5 PCI Modem OK
IRQ 5 Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller OK
IRQ 6 Standard floppy disk controller OK
IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK
IRQ 10 Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter(LNE100TX v4) OK
IRQ 10 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller OK
IRQ 10 Multimedia Audio Controller OK
IRQ 11 Video Controller (VGA Compatible) OK
IRQ 11 Adaptec AHA-2940U/2940UW/2940D PCI SCSI Controller OK
IRQ 11 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller OK
IRQ 12 PS/2 Compatible Mouse OK
IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Genera...pict58607.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=296779
Old July 9th 05, 08:40 AM
Michael C

"x_cruizin_x" wrote in message
news:7_296779_122b77ce970d0e70a9662004a8033a7e@har dwareforumz.com...
I just put a Adaptec AHA-2940U/2940UW/2940D PCI SCSI Controller on my
pc. Whenever I boot up my PC it searches the LD drives i believe, then
it when goes to the scsi controller and then said BIOS not found. What
do I need to do to fix this problem?

Push ctrl-A when it's booting and enable the bios.

Michael

Old July 9th 05, 05:38 PM
Vanguard

"x_cruizin_x" wrote in message
news:7_296779_122b77ce970d0e70a9662004a8033a7e@har dwareforumz.com...
I just put a Adaptec AHA-2940U/2940UW/2940D PCI SCSI Controller on my
pc. Whenever I boot up my PC it searches the LD drives i believe, then
it when goes to the scsi controller and then said BIOS not found. What
do I need to do to fix this problem?

Here is the IRQ info if you need it.

snip

What are "LD" drives? Low-density? Laser disc (anyone have those
anymore)?
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-quer...act&Acronym=ld
lists many entries for an "LD" acronym.

The system BIOS loads first and does its scanning to find drives. So if
there are hard drives attached to the motherboard IDE ports then those
drives get found first and get used as the boot drive (unless you
configure the BIOS' boot device order differently provided it has a SCSI
option in the list). Then the SCSI BIOS loads. If there were no hard
drives on the motherboard's IDE ports (for the system BIOS to find) or
if the system BIOS was configured in its boot device order to use a SCSI
drive (which also includes IDE controller cards) then the drive on the
SCSI controller gets used as the boot device.

At no time did you actually mention that you have a SCSI hard drive
attached to your SCSI controller. The SCSI controller *must* find a
hard drive attached to it to bother loading its BIOS support for those
drives. If you are using the SCSI controller to support SCSI devices
*other* than mass storage devices (i.e., hard drives) then the SCSI BIOS
is *not* needed and won't get loaded. For example, if you use the SCSI
controller for a SCSI scanner and that is all that is attached to the
SCSI controller then its BIOS doesn't get loaded for supporting hard
drives that aren't there.

For my Adaptec AHA-2940UW controller, I have to press Ctrl-A when its
BIOS loading message appears. That way, you can enter its BIOS setup to
disable the support for the hard drives since you don't have any
connected to the SCSI controller card.

By the way, you did not install an Adaptec AHA-2940U/2940UW/2940D SCSI
controller card. It would have been just *one* of those models, not all
three. That list shows a family of controllers that a driver may
support, not which one YOU physically installed.

Old July 10th 05, 08:35 PM
x_cruizin_x

"Michael C" wrote:
"x_cruizin_x" wrote in
message
news:7_296779_122b77ce970d0e70a9662004a8033a7e@ha rdwareforumz.com...
I just put a Adaptec AHA-2940U/2940UW/2940D PCI SCSI Controller on

my
pc. Whenever I boot up my PC it searches the LD drives i believe,

then
it when goes to the scsi controller and then said BIOS not found.

What
do I need to do to fix this problem?

Push ctrl-A when it’s booting and enable the bios.

Michael

I dunno the Fujitsu Ultra 160/68 pin/LVD SCSI is not detecting the
BIOS for some reason. I hooked up a Compaq BD00921937 and it detected
the bios. I’m not for sure which one is better. How would I go to make
the Fujitsu detect the BIOS?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Genera...pict58607.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=297086

Bad Bios Flash or? Ottar Tverberg Asus Motherboards 17 May 23rd 05 04:05 PM
SCSI drive wont boot/coexist with IDE Raid Controller Juzzam Storage (alternative) 1 March 15th 05 08:53 PM
[ GA 7N400 PRO2 rev.2.0 + Adaptec 39160 ] [ DreamK ] Gigabyte Motherboards 10 December 9th 04 12:21 AM
Alert at bootup Katy Asus Motherboards 3 September 24th 04 01:43 PM
SP2 865/875 Microcode Industry Failure? Ron Reaugh Asus Motherboards 31 September 13th 04 12:02 PM