PC World fails again

Old December 23rd 08, 01:07 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Bob Eager

Default PC World fails again

Urgently needed a hard drive and a graphics card, and not much time to
sort it. So I tried the Collect@Store thing at PC World, despite being
sceptical that it would actually work.

I ordered both items online, for store collection. The only store that
had both was the Thanet (Broadstairs) one. OK, it's only a 30 mile round
trip...worth it to get them. Did it in the evening, for collection next
day.

So I get there (at 1030 to give them at least their working hour to
process the order), and ask for my stuff. Sidelong glance by assistant
towards a shelf that obviously holds items waiting for collection -
basically empty. Whispered discussion, and he goes out on the shop floor
and gets a graphics card off the shelf (eventually). He then spends time
searching the hard drives before having another whispered conversation
and then says he needs to get someone to check 'in the back'. Comes
back, and lifts a bunch of sheets off the printer and eventually finds
one that mentions my stuff. THEY HADN'T EVEN READ THE OVERNIGHT ORDERS!

In the end I picked another drive, not quite what I wanted. I pay, pick
up the bag, and ask the assistant if the card is meant to have a
security tag on it. He says no, and has to find someone else to remove
it...

What a shower.

--
[Davism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
euthanasia recommended.
Old January 5th 09, 09:49 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Trust No One®

Bob Eager wrote:

Bob's tale of woe snipped

On the very odd occasion I do find PC World quite useful.

Some of their stuff is wildly overpriced but you do find the odd good deal
from time to time. A year back I picked up my HP C7180 multi-function
printer for a decent price.

Also on New Year's day (09:30 opening) I was after a couple of 4Gb USB
flash drives and I was able to pick up a couple of PNY 4GB drives for £6.74
each. Yes, Yes - I may have saved a couple of quid by using Aria, Ebuyer or
7dayshop, but postage costs and times (over the holiday period) have to be
taken into account. A the end of the day it is simpler to pop down to a
store and buy them there and then.

--
Peter X-Files fan

Old January 5th 09, 10:08 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Bob Eager

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 09:49:17 UTC, "Trust No OneĀ«"
wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

Bob's tale of woe snipped

On the very odd occasion I do find PC World quite useful.

Some of their stuff is wildly overpriced but you do find the odd good deal
from time to time. A year back I picked up my HP C7180 multi-function
printer for a decent price.

Also on New Year's day (09:30 opening) I was after a couple of 4Gb USB
flash drives and I was able to pick up a couple of PNY 4GB drives for Ā£6.74
each. Yes, Yes - I may have saved a couple of quid by using Aria, Ebuyer or
7dayshop, but postage costs and times (over the holiday period) have to be
taken into account. A the end of the day it is simpler to pop down to a
store and buy them there and then.

That was my feeling too. Unfortunately the two nearest PC Worlds are far
enough away that I want to avoid a wasted journey, hence my disgust at
the complete failure of the reservation system!

Old January 5th 09, 10:03 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
DrTeeth

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 09:49:17 -0000, just as I was about to take a herb,
"Trust No One®" disturbed my reverie and wrote:

Some of their stuff is wildly overpriced but you do find the odd good deal
from time to time.

I look for mispriced stuff, of which there is a reasonable
amount...they always honour the lower price.
--

Cheers,

DrT

PC World - why does anyone buy from them? Dan[_7_] UK Computer Vendors 5 May 31st 07 11:14 PM
PC World ad johannes UK Computer Vendors 5 October 19th 06 09:48 PM
PC World UK Computer Vendors 1 January 13th 04 03:58 PM
PC World Alec UK Computer Vendors 0 January 8th 04 09:26 PM
PC World Aymen UK Computer Vendors 15 August 6th 03 01:40 AM