HP 6 Port SATA RAID Controller

Old June 10th 08, 09:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Will

Default HP 6 Port SATA RAID Controller

HP marketed the Adaptec 2610SA as the HP 6 Port SATA RAID Controller. I
looked on HP Downloads, but the Windows 2003 "driver" for this controller
isn't a driver at all. The controller works under Windows XP but doesn't
show up in Device Manager except as an uninstalled "RAID Controller".

Can someone point me to a real driver for this adapter, either HP or
generic, preferably distributed by HP or Adaptec web sites?

--
Will

Old June 10th 08, 01:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

Is the 2610SA a special Adaptec part made only for HP? I cannot find it at the
Adaptec web site, which has files claiming to be drivers for XP and for its
various RAID controllers. For example:

2810SA & 21610SA driver for Windows 2000 and XP

From other comments on the internet, it appears as though the 2610SA may be an
orphaned product with Vista... Ben Myers

Old June 11th 08, 04:18 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Will

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Is the 2610SA a special Adaptec part made only for HP? I cannot find it
at the
Adaptec web site, which has files claiming to be drivers for XP and for
its
various RAID controllers. For example:

2810SA & 21610SA driver for Windows 2000 and XP

From other comments on the internet, it appears as though the 2610SA may
be an
orphaned product with Vista... Ben Myers

2610SA apparently has versions sold by Dell and HP versions as well as
Adaptec retail. HP sells this as SP # 377597-001. Dell sells this as
0H2052 / H2052

It's useful to know that 2610SA has no growth path and I'll plan future
purchases accordingly. But for now I have a few installed to Windows XP
already, and I would like to get the drivers for those up and running.

It's also bizarre to me that Windows XP is able to use the boot device
defined on this controller without having the actual driver for the
controller loaded. I don't see how that is possible. 2610SA must be in
some emulation mode for some other controller?

--
Will

Old June 11th 08, 05:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

Will,

If you can figure out which Dell systems used it, the Dell Support web site may
be another source for the required drivers. The Dell Support web site is 1000
times better than the meager stuff HP puts up for public consumption... Ben
Myers

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 20:18:26 -0700, "Will" wrote:

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
.. .
Is the 2610SA a special Adaptec part made only for HP? I cannot find it
at the
Adaptec web site, which has files claiming to be drivers for XP and for
its
various RAID controllers. For example:

2810SA & 21610SA driver for Windows 2000 and XP

From other comments on the internet, it appears as though the 2610SA may
be an