Ebuyer replacement delivery

Old September 4th 07, 03:57 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
DerekBaker

Default Ebuyer replacement delivery

Am receiving a replacement graphics card from Ebuyer. Will it use a
similar (expensive) delivery method to the original package or a slower
and for them cheaper one?

Thanks
--
Derek
Old September 4th 07, 04:04 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
DerekBaker

* DerekBaker:
Am receiving a replacement graphics card from Ebuyer. Will it use a
similar (expensive) delivery method to the original package or a slower
and for them cheaper one?

Thanks

Also when will they send the replacement: straight away; when they
receive the card; after they've examined it?

Thanks

--
Derek
Old September 4th 07, 06:47 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Urban Legend

"DerekBaker" wrote in message
Am receiving a replacement graphics card from Ebuyer. Will it use a
similar (expensive) delivery method to the original package or a slower
and for them cheaper one?

Only Ebuyer can answer that

--
regards

Old September 4th 07, 06:47 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Urban Legend

"DerekBaker" wrote in message
* DerekBaker:
Thanks

Also when will they send the replacement: straight away; when they receive
the card; after they've examined it?

Again only ebuyer can answer that

--
regards

Old September 4th 07, 07:03 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Palindrome

DerekBaker wrote:
* DerekBaker:
Am receiving a replacement graphics card from Ebuyer. Will it use a
similar (expensive) delivery method to the original package or a
slower and for them cheaper one?

Thanks

Also when will they send the replacement: straight away; when they
receive the card; after they've examined it?

The replacement that I got for a card sent back to ebuyer under warranty
was direct from the UK office of the manufacturer on next day delivery.
It took 3 weeks in all from sending the card back to ebuyer and getting
the replacement card.

What ebuyer/manufacturer did with it for 3 weeks, I have no idea. I
suspect that it just took that long to get to the top of the heap for
sending out to manufacturer/distributor. I doubt that they do no more
than check that it matches the description and isn't visibly broken due
to misuse. I would think that the distributor does much the same and
sells cheap cards as "customer returns" and ships high value cards back
to the manufacturer.

Only the manufacturer will have the kind of dedicated test rig that can
exhuastively test a card. So, for high value cards, I would think that
they would wait until they had 20 or so at the factory and then test
them in a batch - returning good ones back into the system as
"refurbished"..

It won't be cost effective to mend anything. It may just be cost
effective to recover some high value components...

--
Sue
Old September 4th 07, 07:39 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
DerekBaker

* Palindrome:
DerekBaker wrote:
* DerekBaker:
[...]

3 weeks! Was that recently?

Thanks

--
Derek
Old September 4th 07, 08:32 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
nobody

"DerekBaker" wrote in message
* Palindrome:
DerekBaker wrote:
* DerekBaker:
[...]

Sent a graphics card back to Ebuyer a few weeks ago. Took 24 hours to get
RMA and then arranged for Citylink to pick up Wednesday which they did.
Shown as received by Ebuyer at 2.30PM on Thursday and examined and refunded
by 4.15PM same day (Card no longer in stock). Not a high end card (original
cost £75 a year ago) but quite exceptional service! Don't think they're
always that fast :-(