LambdaTek vs Oyyy

Old December 17th 06, 01:28 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

Default LambdaTek vs Oyyy

Has anyone used them yet? It's been six months since the last time the
question was asked regarding LambdaTek, so maybe someone has by now. I
couldn't find anything about Oyyy in comp.vendors.

http://www.lambda-tek.com/componentshop/index.pl
http://www.oyyy.co.uk/?jssCart=e9b18...7094d4a2241cd5

I'm thinking of buying a monitor from them (the BenQ FP91G+). They
both seem to have fairly decent reviews on PriceGrabber, although
there's not a lot of them for Oyyy.

LambdaTek
http://www.pricegrabber.co.uk/rating...php/retid=4062
Oyyy http://www.pricegrabber.co.uk/rating...iew.php/r=3242

Having read recommendations in this forum, I was also considering Micro
Direct. But their PriceGrabber reviews are a bit iffy - anyone here
had experience with the returns process?
http://www.pricegrabber.co.uk/rating...php/retid=2185

A monitor is the sort of thing I'd like to buy from Amazon for the
after-sales, but they only have third party vendors like Pixmania.

Old December 18th 06, 12:08 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Sock Puppet

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Never heard of either of them, so can be of little help. Have dealt with
Micro Direct and I found their returns fine. Like all online retailers, it's
no good expecting instant service, but turnaround time was fairly quick.

Have owned a BenQ product (a mobile phone!) and it was the biggest piece of
sh*t I've bought for years. Coupled with the low quality product, BenQ's
customer support is hopeless; I wouldn't touch anything made by them with a
bargepole.

Old December 18th 06, 12:33 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

Thanks Sock. If something goes wrong I'm not the sort to want it fixed
by tomorrow, just as long as it does get fixed.

The BenQ monitors (or at least this one) seem to be quite highly rated
(best value buy sort of thing). Although, having said that, one of the
online mags has a Philips 17" as its best buy and I've seen a lot of
posts about Philip's abysmal warranty service, so a good rating doesn't
seem to cover warranty/customer service.

Old January 4th 07, 01:16 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

Thanks TBSR. I think I saw your review there .