Line in 2/Mic in 2 and infra red remote control not working!

Old January 12th 05, 09:58 PM

Default Line in 2/Mic in 2 and infra red remote control not working!

I've got a Soundblaster Live! CT4760 card and a Live! Drive IR.
Running XP pro sp2.
Latest drivers cleanly installed and as the title says, the line in
2/Mic in 2 and infra red remote control are not working. The headphones
and optical-out are fine so I know that the drive is getting power.
I've also checked that all cables correctly connected.

I've checked the line in/mic 2 levels in the creative mixer and in
windows. I tried both settings for jumper JP1. I've turned the mic knob
on the bay to max ( I get a hissing but nothing more).

Should there be a Live Drive ir option/tab in AudioHQ or Creative
mixer? because i don't have one.

soundcard - drive bay compatability issue??

Creative say of the drive bay:

"...Compatible cards include, Sound Blaster Live! (CT4620), Sound
Blaster Live! Platinum, MP3+ and X-Gamer (CT4760) and CT483x series."

I have the CT4760 so thats cool....but then they say:

"This product does not work with Sound Blaster Live! Value".

confusing...because device manager says my CT4760 is a "Sound Blaster
Live! Value"

!!??

are there two versions?

Old January 14th 05, 03:40 PM
Dave

Have you tried it with SP1 instead of SP2?

You should have the drive listed in Audio-HQ under device controls.

This will give such options as mute speakers when using headphones.

ups.com...

Old January 18th 05, 11:42 AM
Lenny

Have you tried it with SP1 instead of SP2?

Why would that make a difference? SP2 has nothing to do with sound, and not
using it is just an invitation for trouble as SP2 includes many security
fixes.

Old January 18th 05, 01:42 PM
Dave

"Lenny" wrote in message

Have you tried it with SP1 instead of SP2?

Why would that make a difference? SP2 has nothing to do with sound, and

not
using it is just an invitation for trouble as SP2 includes many security
fixes.

SP2's got nothing to do with cameras either but it stopped mine working..

Old January 18th 05, 01:55 PM
Dave

By the way,i have read on Creative's forums that the live drive stops
working when you install SP2.

Try it with SP1 instead,then you'll know for sure.