Interesting modem MAC ancillary

Old November 8th 18, 04:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Interesting modem MAC ancillary

Went back to no computer software affiliations or a standalone
hardware telephone device.

The device is for dedicated telephone service, to be used in
conjunction with an ISP modem.

The modem's one Ethernet out is routed into the device, and from the
device looped back into the computer's Ethernet jack. An in-between
device.

A better-class, but same brand modem, was recently destroyed and
replaced with the ISP's less expensive "rental" model.

A software blacklist filter subsequently reported blocking "bogons",
at a rate by and sometimes several for a single second.

The telephone device subsequently filtered them out and stopped the
logged reports I was getting for "bogon" blocks;- there still are some
remaining, but that is by a significant magnitude fewer, perhaps 95 or
98% fewer reports.

Looking forward, getting reacquainted with the concept that software
may be constraint, depending on and whether limitations are inherent
to a design purpose.

For instance Microsoft Skype telephony has undergone revision changes
before to disallow former operating systems, as now and again,
apparently in early stage to favor an end Windows 10 software
dependency.

I prefer to forgo having that constraint from an independent service
and its device, quite literally and without consequent momentary
significance -- of course ISP's still effectively are still able to
heavily penalize a broader populace at rates on a heritage of TELCOs
-- that needn't have a computer running to independently initiate
vocal contact at some token minority of costs and fees.

Of course communication is as a field a broader field-overlap now than
from former copper landlines, although I still see no reason not to
use a telephone discretionarily without being tied to Windows 10 and
the newest Skype revisions, Ver. 8.xx, implemented earlier last month.

MSFT really does have such horrible quarterly earnings in an
affiliated PC sector, and derives all effective significance from
revenues with its enterprise affiliates.
Old November 8th 18, 04:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Wed, 07 Nov 2018 22:55:35 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:
Of course communication is as a field a broader field-overlap now than
from former copper landlines, although I still see no reason not to
use a telephone discretionarily without being tied to Windows 10

-

China’'s largest video game company, Tencent Holdings Ltd., announced
Monday that all new players must go through a mandatory registration
process that will send their information to the Chinese government.

The information culled will include user details and gaming habits in
a bid to “identify under-aged players and to help assist them better
combat game addiction,” according to Chinese state media. The
procedure will be overseen China’s public security sectors using the
country’s national citizen database ...

China represents the world’s largest video game market, generating
over $34 billion in annual revenue.
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/...rs-identities/

-
Extrapolated* for a third less, Chinese waste a quarter more of
leisure time in a wheel, although a hamster will vary from
accessoritization levels permitted a prime motivator of US PC
ownership: Only a fifth of US gaming is played from a handheld device,
whereas China dominates, as I offhand recall, 60% of worldwide Android
usership.

*
[
https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news...-s-1202936332/
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ry-by-segment/
]

Does that consequently mean US PC gaming industry practises spoil a
participatory audience, or that Chinese minds are engaged by,
moreover, any design intent of simplistic modeling?

Seriously, now, can you imagine, as it were, a sheer magnitude of
Chinese WEB networks -- nationalized for industrial dedication to
gamers with dedicated soundboards, specialized microphones and
nearfield speaker, Virtual Headsets explicitly to place others under
the microscopic prism to taunt and goad -- as they do in American
simulated shooter role-modeling?

Would this not be then tantamount to an unimaginably epidemic
socialized magnitude, say in Western Hun provinces, or is it any less
endemic to weekend drive-by's into a crowded Western venue for a
little of the ol' semi-automatic play?

Just saying. To the best of my recollection, so help me God, I
haven't played anything since DOOM except stockfish8_3300 chess
engines.
Old November 8th 18, 05:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

eOn Thu, 08 Nov 2018 10:44:45 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:

....except stockfish8_3300 chess engines.

-
Trepidatiously, I might add, knowing I'm apt to be engaged two, three
hours in some forgotten time span, before spotting the game, first to
intuitively know, can subsequently be further analyzed for a won
position usually within middle-game tactics. I also gave up on
younger club tournament play, due to 3rd match pairings, inasmuch
three or more hours of some standing, for a splitting headache which
forced me to resign. My favorite game plan: Crotchety old men whom
hem, haw, fidget and glare incessantly, and are exceptionally good to
excellent among higher rankings, where a draw is no less munificent to
administer a coup de grâce.
Old November 8th 18, 07:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
eColi

On Thu, 08 Nov 2018 11:09:40 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:

Trepidatiously, I might add, knowing I'm apt to be engaged two, three
hours in some forgotten time span, before spotting the game, first to
intuitively know, can subsequently be further analyzed for a won
position usually within middle-game tactics.

CUT

Just curious, but what language is that translated from? It's actually
pretty good.
Old November 8th 18, 07:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Thu, 08 Nov 2018 12:26:18 -0600, eColi
wrote:

Just curious, but what language is that translated from? It's actually
pretty good.

2800 in good play.