No sound when playing u-tube

Old October 9th 13, 07:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RayLopez99

Default No sound when playing u-tube

On Saturday, October 5, 2013 8:49:25 PM UTC+8, Desmond wrote:

Don't wory found it. it has it's own volume control.

Yes, and the "slider bar" is the key: you have to click it on Youtube and slide it to the right, to increase the volume from the default zero.

RL
Old October 9th 13, 06:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Timothy Daniels[_4_]

"Paul" wrote:
Timothy Daniels wrote:

"Nil" wrote:
"Mike" wrote:

"Nil" wrote:

I noticed that a couple of days ago, too, that youtube videos
were all starting off muted. The funny thing is that it's not
that way on all my computers. I don't think it's a new default, I
think it's somehow dependant on the computer's setup.

Does anyone know how to change the default?

What I was trying to say is that there is no "default", and there's no
way to control it.

I did a quick search, and it seems it's a problem with some recent
change on Youtube's part. They will fix it, and in fact, they may have
already, as my laptop is no longer muting all videos.

If it's not corrected by you already, it may help for you to delete all
browser cache data and cookies pertaining to youtube. You might also
delete all cached Browsing Data in Control Panel | Flash | Advanced.

There is no "Flash" entry in my W7 control panel. How do you get to it?

*TimDaniels*

Make sure your Control Panel is set to "small icons",
in order to see *all* the control panel entries. This
shows how many control panels remain hidden when you
don't do that.

http://htpcbuild.com/admin/wp-conten...trol_panel.png

Flash got its own control panel, in the last couple years.
This shows the icon (which you shouldn't have a problem
recognizing anyway).

http://spamloco.net/wp-content/uploa...el-control.jpg

The function I use the most in there, is the "cookie delete" one.
Flash stores cookies in its own folder, and is a tricky way
for web sites to store preferences, for users who keep
deleting their browser cookies. Silverlight is similar, keeping
yet another set of folders. The availability of all these
"garbage dumps", is how the Evercookie gets a foothold.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...wsing_data.png

*******

When you run a Flash video, then right click in the video pane,
there is also a small panel of sorts there as well. That's not
the same thing as the Control Panel one.

Paul

Thanks muchly! I had no idea about that Control Panel GUI,
nor about the Flash panel. Leaving a website is getting to be
such a lengthy cleanup process.

*TimDaniels*