best DCA G-MPU

Old September 24th 13, 12:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default best DCA G-MPU

AMD A4-5300 Trinity 3.4GHz

for $50 entry level dualcore looks like a wiener

MSI MB include XP drivers for thier FM2+ MBs - 6SATA/USB3/& eat DDR3.
One slot for my most reverent ASUS XONAR soundboard.

Weird, the thought of of no videochip, being included on the CPU die.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...eils-trinity/1
Old September 24th 13, 04:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Flasherly wrote:
AMD A4-5300 Trinity 3.4GHz

for $50 entry level dualcore looks like a wiener

MSI MB include XP drivers for thier FM2+ MBs - 6SATA/USB3/& eat DDR3.
One slot for my most reverent ASUS XONAR soundboard.

Weird, the thought of of no videochip, being included on the CPU die.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...eils-trinity/1

No, all of them have internal GPU.

A10-5800K 384 stream processors October 2, 2012
A10-5700 384 stream processors
A8-5600K 256
A6-5400K 192 $70
A4-5300 128 $55

The name of the GPU portion is 7480D.

AMD A4-5300 APU with AMD Radeon HD 7480D
http://products.amd.com/en-us/Deskto...ail.aspx?id=49

Now, the information here leads me to suspect the 7480D
GPU doesn't have dedicated movie decoder. So in fact the "wiener"
as you put it, is the A6-5400K ($70). It's more likely to be
feature complete. My assumption is, when they name the GPU
section, the features remain intact from instance to instance.
This isn't evidence the A4-5300 works that way, but you should
do a bit more research before deciding the $55 one is the right one.
The movie decoder appears as part of DXVA and it helps reduce the
amount of CPU needed to play popular movie formats. Not all movie
formats are accelerated, but some are.

http://m.amd.com/us/salesguide/Docum...tures_2012.pdf

The cooler the 5300 comes with is "aluminum block" type. No heatpipes
or copper core. Some people are picky about these things. I would
not expect the 5400K to be any different, because both 5400K and
5300 are 65W class processors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-A4-5300-...item2ec9e7bcf1

Paul
Old September 24th 13, 08:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 11:06:03 -0400, Paul wrote:

No, all of them have internal GPU.

DCA = Dollar Cost Averaging: I was reducing the grab-bag to the first
compulsory, GPU-endowed MPU, in the corresponding Trinity series, for
the least money.

A6-5400K 192 $70
A4-5300 128 $55

AMD A4-5300 Trinity 3.4GHz (3.6GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 65W Dual-Core
Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7480D
AD5300OKHJBOX (Includes cooler) $55

AMD A4-5300 APU with AMD Radeon HD 7480D
http://products.amd.com/en-us/Deskto...ail.aspx?id=49
The name of the GPU portion is 7480D.
Now, the information here leads me to suspect the 7480D
GPU doesn't have dedicated movie decoder. So in fact the "wiener"
as you put it, is the A6-5400K ($70). It's more likely to be
feature complete. My assumption is, when they name the GPU
section, the features remain intact from instance to instance.
This isn't evidence the A4-5300 works that way, but you should
do a bit more research before deciding the $55 one is the right one.
The movie decoder appears as part of DXVA and it helps reduce the
amount of CPU needed to play popular movie formats. Not all movie
formats are accelerated, but some are.

I did notice mention that at perfunctory video performance, that is
what seemed to me, it would be several processor nomenclature steps up
and above to reasonably expect serious contention for viable
application within video standards obsequiously, as always, catering
to a gaming platform.

192 over 128 streams offhand, I couldn't say would be any the more
relevant to acceleration and what core facets are applicable, if not
trade offs, in achieving further proficiency advantageously upon a
uniquely posed in-die GPU. At the abovementioned AMD boxed sales
description, the A6-5400K, however, gleans only a sixth, possibly a
tenth, less representatives, among reviews provided, overwhelming in
favor of the 128-stream Trinity variant. However odd, perhaps I
should have looked indirectly at those 192-streams for salience at a
$15 premium.

http://m.amd.com/us/salesguide/Docum...tures_2012.pdf

The cooler the 5300 comes with is "aluminum block" type. No heatpipes
or copper core. Some people are picky about these things. I would
not expect the 5400K to be any different, because both 5400K and
5300 are 65W class processors.

That I did look more closely for pertinence and AMD's 32nm/SOI
fabrication, along with FM2 benefits, (possibly a port over from
development initially on a laptop platform), aren't so demanding as to
provide satisfactory results with a little attention to an aftermarket
mating cream judiciously applied to stock HS provisions. I like a
good core cooler, but after stock provisions warrant the addition of
something I'm just as apt unable to resist for the flash-factor.

MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
Micro ATX AMD Motherboard BIOS support New Richland/ Trinity APU $60

G.SKILL NS 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory
Model F3-10666CL9S-2GBNS $25

At a bill and almost change.