oki printer grinding noise

Old May 29th 09, 11:26 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
tg

Default oki printer grinding noise

Oki C3300 colour laser printer suddenly started making a horrible loud
grinding noise when it starts up. I've managed to ascertain it's the
magenta roller/cartridge assembly. The grinding sound stops when I take
the whole magenta lump out. Do these assemblies sieze up? If so are they
repairable?
thanks for any pointers.

Old May 30th 09, 12:32 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Don Phillipson[_4_]

"tg" wrote in message
. uk...

Oki C3300 colour laser printer suddenly started making a horrible loud
grinding noise when it starts up. I've managed to ascertain it's the
magenta roller/cartridge assembly. The grinding sound stops when I take
the whole magenta lump out. Do these assemblies sieze up? If so are they
repairable?

This sort of question is sometimes answered at
www.fixyourownprinter.com

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old May 30th 09, 12:04 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

"tg" wrote:
Oki C3300 colour laser printer suddenly started making a horrible loud
grinding noise when it starts up. I've managed to ascertain it's the
magenta roller/cartridge assembly. The grinding sound stops when I take
the whole magenta lump out. Do these assemblies sieze up? If so are they
repairable?
thanks for any pointers.

They are very difficult to repair, and the parts are hard to locate.
I think a replacement drum and toner cartridge is your best bet.
Tony
MS MVP Printing Image

Old May 30th 09, 12:20 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
tg

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
"tg" wrote in message
. uk...

This sort of question is sometimes answered at
www.fixyourownprinter.com

thanks for that link Don

Old May 30th 09, 12:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
tg

"Tony" wrote in message
news
"tg" wrote:
Oki C3300 colour laser printer suddenly started making a horrible loud
grinding noise when it starts up. I've managed to ascertain it's the
magenta roller/cartridge assembly. The grinding sound stops when I
take
the whole magenta lump out. Do these assemblies sieze up? If so are
they
repairable?
thanks for any pointers.

They are very difficult to repair, and the parts are hard to locate.
I think a replacement drum and toner cartridge is your best bet.
Tony

can't I use the existing cartridge? it has plenty of toner left in it,
or is there a reason why the cartridge should be renewed as well...

Old May 31st 09, 11:36 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

"tg" wrote:
"Tony" wrote in message
news
"tg" wrote:
Oki C3300 colour laser printer suddenly started making a horrible loud
grinding noise when it starts up. I've managed to ascertain it's the
magenta roller/cartridge assembly. The grinding sound stops when I
take
the whole magenta lump out. Do these assemblies sieze up? If so are
they
repairable?
thanks for any pointers.

They are very difficult to repair, and the parts are hard to locate.
I think a replacement drum and toner cartridge is your best bet.
Tony

can't I use the existing cartridge? it has plenty of toner left in it,
or is there a reason why the cartridge should be renewed as well...

The printer may well be reporting plenty of toner in the cartridge but the way
this printer works is that the toner cartridge has actually dumped most of the
toner into the drum unit and the amount of toner left in the toner cartridge is
probably very little.
You may geta away with replacing the drum unit only but not for very long, most
likely not at all.
Tony
MS MVP Printing Image