DirectX 9.0c released today

Old July 30th 04, 08:34 PM
Ed Light

"RonK" wrote in message
System Restore would be a lot better if you could save a few of the first
batch. That way you could go back to an almost clean install if you wanted
to without using any other software programs.

Maybe it would have to save a ton of stuff to be able to do that.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old July 30th 04, 10:04 PM
First of One

Reducing the max allowable disk space also reduces the number of restore
points. Besides, any program you install after the latest restore point will
probably have to be reinstalled.

"Aki Peltola" wrote in message
Perhaps it does, if user doesn't have sufficient IQ to
decrease the maximum disk space amount given for
System Restore.

Old July 30th 04, 10:37 PM
Erik Harris

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 05:56:15 +0300, "Aki Peltola"
wrote:

"First of One" wrote
"Aki Peltola" wrote
*cough*cough* System Restore? At least in ME/XP/2k
I believe. Why do people keep it off anyway, I think it's
very useful.

It eats up disk space at an alarming pace.

Perhaps it does, if user doesn't have sufficient IQ to
decrease the maximum disk space amount given for
System Restore.

Also, despite what is said above, System Restore is not a feature in Win2K.
It's one of the relatively few truly useful changes made for WinXP. I don't
think it's in ME either, but I could _definitely_ be mistaken about that.

--
Erik Harris
AIM: KngFuJoe http://www.eharrishome.com

The above email address is obfuscated to try to prevent SPAM.
Replace each dollar sign with an "e" for the correct address.
Old July 30th 04, 10:40 PM
Erik Harris

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:04:23 GMT, "First of One" wrote:

Reducing the max allowable disk space also reduces the number of restore
points. Besides, any program you install after the latest restore point will
probably have to be reinstalled.

That's, uhh, the whole POINT of System Restore, is it not? If a program
screws your system up, you don't want it to remain installed after a restore.

Old July 30th 04, 11:37 PM
Aki Peltola

"First of One" wrote
Reducing the max allowable disk space also reduces the
number of restore points.

Sacrifices must be done if you want to save disk space,
or did you think that there would be some kind of
"black hole" for storing endless number of restore points?
Size of a restore point also depends what kind of software
modifications you do to your system after creating one.

Besides, any program you install after the latest restore
point will probably have to be reinstalled.

My dear First of One, that's the whole purpose of
System Restore.

Old July 31st 04, 12:48 AM
Brian Gregory [UK]

"Erik Harris" wrote in message

Also, despite what is said above, System Restore is not a feature in
Win2K. It's one of the relatively few truly useful changes made for
WinXP. I don't think it's in ME either, but I could _definitely_ be
mistaken about that.

System Restore is definitely in Windows ME.

--

Brian Gregory (In the UK).

To email me remove the letter vee.