ATI ripping us off

Old November 27th 03, 11:30 PM
John Mitchell

Default ATI ripping us off

I just bought a new 9600XT to replace a 9600 (no great change) but there was
to be a "free" copy of Half-Life 2 included. Instead they included a coupon.
OK so far. I went to the site on the coupon to register and it would accept
my info but wouldn't print it out or save it - a waste of time. It did tell
me to keep the coupon under lock and key as I would need it to to open up
the game.
I called the 1-866 number on the coupon and the voice gave ma a different
address (than was on the web page) and told me to send the coupon in.
It also advised me that I would have to give them my credit card number so
ATI could charge me shipping and taxes. None of which would have been
necessary if it was included with the card.
I guess the buyers of the card after Half-Life is released will get a better
deal as they won't have to pay extra shipping or taxes.

I just feel ripped.

--
John Mitchell
spine at wlake.com

Old November 28th 03, 12:33 AM
NightSky 421

"John Mitchell" wrote in message
[...]

This could also be a problem for those of us who are part of the "pay as you
go" society and don't have a credit card.

Old November 28th 03, 12:50 AM
Reggie Hillier

This could also be a problem for those of us who are part of the "pay as

you
go" society and don't have a credit card.

If he is on a high speed connection, he only has to download the iso and
burn the cd.
Or get someone who is on high speed to do it for him.

Old November 28th 03, 03:15 AM
Barry Watzman

It wasn't included in the box because the game wasn't out when the box
was packed. You can't put something that doesn't yet exist into a product.

Old November 28th 03, 03:19 AM
Barry Watzman

You NEED to have a credit card to exist securely (safely) in modern
society. It has nothing to do with "paying as you go", and you don't
have to actually use it very often. But renting a car, and often
getting a hotel room, is difficult to impossible without a credit card
(and there's a good reason for it, expecially with car rentals). Try to
pay for an airline ticket with cash and you will possibly arrested, you
will "flag" the airline computers. What do you do if you are out of
town in your car and it suffers a SERIOUS breakdown ? And, obviously,
for mail order and internet purchases, it saves a huge amount of time
and trouble.

spine at wlake.com

If they didn't put on the box that shipping and handling charges are to be
paid, ATI is then at fault and at least breaking USA law. Call your state's
law enforcement.

Lane

Old November 28th 03, 03:32 AM
JAD

You NEED to have a credit card to exist securely (safely) in modern
society.

What?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never heard a more brain washed statement in my life...

Old November 28th 03, 03:40 AM
Todd Howard

Ya, cause ATI didnt think of that, as if they don't know how to cover their
ass.....as a matter of fact I would love to be the cop who gets that
complaint....when he is done laughing his ass off, I am sure he will be all
ears...."Officer could you ignore all the rapes and murders going on, so I
can get a video game about killing, shipped to me?" ROTFLMAO....Lane I
think you should sort out your priorities....and to the
OP.....RTFBox!....Not to mention you have already shown your ignorance by
buying a 9600XT when you owned a 9600.....
TH
SNIP If they didn't put on the box that shipping and handling charges are

Old November 28th 03, 03:58 AM
bob cox

You need to read his message Barry, and let go of your credit card
lectures. He said the coupon was ok, dumbass.

Old November 28th 03, 05:37 AM
Joe M.

"JAD" wrote in message
hlink.net...
You NEED to have a credit card to exist securely (safely) in modern
society.

What?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never heard a more brain washed

statement in my life...

So how to you do the things mentioned without a credit card?

A credit card is mandatory equipment if you do any kind of traveling and
simply convenient for shopping both online and off. There's nothing "brain
washed" about accepting reality and/or benefiting from the convenience of
credit cards.

--
Joe M.