GF 6600 GS

Old March 22nd 09, 05:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
pawihte

Default GF 6600 GS

I'll be grateful if anyone could answer this question: Where does
a GeForce 6600 GS fit in the lineup of various 6600 versions? I
have a good idea about the relative performances of the LE,
vanilla and GT versions, but I can't find any useful info about
the GS. It's not even included in the GPU hierarchy chart at
Tom's Hardware.

Old March 22nd 09, 05:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_4_]

"pawihte" wrote in message
I'll be grateful if anyone could answer this question: Where does a
GeForce 6600 GS fit in the lineup of various 6600 versions? I have a good
idea about the relative performances of the LE, vanilla and GT versions,
but I can't find any useful info about the GS. It's not even included in
the GPU hierarchy chart at Tom's Hardware.

From nVidia's site...

http://www.nvidia.com/page/6800_reviews.html

This is the first link....pretty complete review with detailed specs.

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=194&type=expert

Old March 22nd 09, 05:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_4_]

"Augustus" wrote in message

"pawihte" wrote in message
I'll be grateful if anyone could answer this question: Where does a
GeForce 6600 GS fit in the lineup of various 6600 versions? I have a good
idea about the relative performances of the LE, vanilla and GT versions,
but I can't find any useful info about the GS. It's not even included in
the GPU hierarchy chart at Tom's Hardware.

From nVidia's site...

http://www.nvidia.com/page/6800_reviews.html

This is the first link....pretty complete review with detailed specs.

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=194&type=expert

There is no 6600GS by the way, you must be thinking of the 6800GS.

Old March 22nd 09, 07:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
pawihte

"pawihte" wrote in message
I'll be grateful if anyone could answer this question: Where
does a
GeForce 6600 GS fit in the lineup of various 6600 versions? I
have
a good idea about the relative performances of the LE,
vanilla and
GT versions, but I can't find any useful info about the GS.
It's
not even included in the GPU hierarchy chart at Tom's
Hardware.

From nVidia's site...

http://www.nvidia.com/page/6800_reviews.html

This is the first link....pretty complete review with detailed
specs.

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=194&type=expert

There is no 6600GS by the way, you must be thinking of the
6800GS.

I see. I'm no expert but I'm familiar with the more popular GPUs
and was surprised to see someone offer a 6600 GS, among other
things, for sale in a forum. Must have been a typo then. Thanks
for the reply.

Old March 22nd 09, 08:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* pawihte:
I see. I'm no expert but I'm familiar with the more popular GPUs
and was surprised to see someone offer a 6600 GS, among other
things, for sale in a forum. Must have been a typo then.

Not necessarily. Sometimes there are custom versions made for certain
OEMs. Medion for example is quite well known for offering cards with
GPUs that can't be found anywhere else.

Benjamin
Old April 3rd 09, 01:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Andreas Scheer

"pawihte" wrote:

I'll be grateful if anyone could answer this question: Where does a
GeForce 6600 GS fit in the lineup of various 6600 versions? I have a good
idea about the relative performances of the LE, vanilla and GT versions,
but I can't find any useful info about the GS. It's not even included in
the GPU hierarchy chart at Tom's Hardware.

Here you can find a complete ranking list of nearly all video chips
available. It is a german site but to get an impression, how to rank a
specific card it is quite useful.

http://www.pc-erfahrung.de/index.php?id=32

btw.: the 6600 GS does not exist.

Bye