Which ATI card to replace Nvidia TI4200

Old December 27th 06, 02:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

Default Which ATI card to replace Nvidia TI4200

Hi,

My old Nvidia TI-4200 128MB just die recently and this time I decided
to get a
ATI video card instead. My MB has AGP 4x slot only and I don't plan
to upgrade the system for at least another year. I only play mostly
older
games (over 2 years old) and use the pc mostly for video work.

I can get the following ATI AGP cards at a reasonable price:

1) Radeon 9550 250MB for 69.99 CAN
2) X1300 250 MB for 109.99

Is the Radeon 9550 speed comparable (or faster) than the TI4200?
Is the X1300 would work in AGP 4x slot?

Thank you for your help.

Old December 27th 06, 04:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

Neither card is a good choice, actually. For less than $90 you can buy a
9800 Pro, about twice as fast as your Ti4200:

oups.com...

Old December 30th 06, 05:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Kev

snip

I'd also like to replace a 64MB TI4200 (thats with an Athlon XP 2000+ and
768MB RAM).

Are all these cheaper cards better than the existing card ?

I'd be buying the replacement from these people and the less spent the
better to get the same performance.

http://www.dcs-online.biz/shop/defau...page/1/sort/6a

Thanks

Old December 31st 06, 06:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

Kev wrote:
snip

I'd also like to replace a 64MB TI4200 (thats with an Athlon XP 2000+ and
768MB RAM).

Are all these cheaper cards better than the existing card ?

I'd be buying the replacement from these people and the less spent the
better to get the same performance.

http://www.dcs-online.biz/shop/defau...page/1/sort/6a

Thanks

Hi,

Any way, I end up getting a SAPPHIRE Radeon 9600XT 250Mb for $70 CAN.
I guess this card will good enough for me to keep this old PC for
another year or so; and then after that I would build a brand new PC
with the latest hardware.

Old January 4th 07, 11:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
flexy

X1300 is available in AGP and PCIE.

Defintly better than a 9550.

georg