cpu fan for 64 3000 advice needed

Old December 19th 03, 06:49 AM
sonya erika

Default cpu fan for 64 3000 advice needed

Hello, I just bought an AMD 64 3000 oem and forgot it doesn't come with the
cpu fan/heatsink. I see fans online for 64s but I'm not sure if they fit the
3000 - I'm assuming all the 64 cpu's are the same size and any one will do.
Am I correct in this? BTW the MB is an MSI, not sure if that matters for
mounting. I would like to find one locally so I don't have to wait for the
shipping so close to Xmas. Thanks.

Old December 19th 03, 10:33 AM
Neil

sonya erika wrote:

Hello, I just bought an AMD 64 3000 oem and forgot it doesn't come with
the cpu fan/heatsink. I see fans online for 64s but I'm not sure if they
fit the 3000 - I'm assuming all the 64 cpu's are the same size and any one
will do. Am I correct in this? BTW the MB is an MSI, not sure if that
matters for mounting. I would like to find one locally so I don't have to
wait for the shipping so close to Xmas. Thanks.

The Zalman cnps7000-Cu is a64 comapatable and from what I here a very nice
sink besides.
Old December 19th 03, 05:28 PM
rms

http://www.systemcooling.com/modules...ticle&sid=1566

Thermalright's A64 offering. There will also be the SP-98 heatpipe version
soon. I don't have a source for the Athlon64 heatsinks tho, sorry

rms