Motherboard help at all? Please?

Old March 16th 08, 07:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
[email protected]

Default Motherboard help at all? Please?

I have a Packard Bell Maui motherboard (PB880). I wonder if someone
could describe or explain the pinouts for the front panel connector.
I'm going to rebuild this working board into a system (for tinkering
and development). Also, is there a front-panel USB port involved
anywhere?
Old March 17th 08, 08:16 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
[email protected]

On Mar 16, 4:40 am, "Tom Lake" wrote:
wrote in message

I have a Packard Bell Maui motherboard (PB880). I wonder if someone
could describe or explain the pinouts for the front panel connector.
I'm going to rebuild this working board into a system (for tinkering
and development). Also, is there a front-panel USB port involved
anywhere?

Try he

http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/880.htm

Tom Lake

Tried that one. That's what lead me to look for the pinouts. The
enlarged area below the main image is what I need. It has pin numbers,
but no identification as to what they are. Any other ideas? begs
Old March 17th 08, 08:31 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
[email protected]

Scratch that last. I found it. It's not on my board, but it is on
the image, I see now. Thanks worlds! bows

See, I got the motherboard off eBay. Had an old Dell case that the MB
and PS were burnt. Since it's a mini board, and mini case, I now have
another system. (Had to rebuild a regular power supply into the
Dell power supply enclosure to do it, though.)

Again, thanks a lot!
Old March 17th 08, 01:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers

FWIW, the Maui motherboard was made for PB by Intel, so its front panel pinout
is standard among Intel-made Slot 1 boards of the same era:

Pin# Description
1 HD LED Pullup
2 Front panel green LED
3 Hard disk active LED
4 Front panel yellow LED
5 Ground
6 Front panel on-off button
7 Front panel reset button
8 Ground
9 Infrared power
10 Not connected
11 IrDA serial input
12 Ground
13 Ground
14 Not connected (pin removed)
15 IrDA serial output
16 Power

.... Ben Myers

MSI motherboard ? Linux General 3 October 17th 07 10:18 PM
motherboard help. Compaq Presario 5700T Motherboard marq122 via HWKB.com Homebuilt PC's 2 September 7th 06 10:05 PM
Use HDD from AMD Proc Motherboard in Intel Proc Motherboard Sekhar Asus Motherboards 1 August 15th 04 07:41 PM
motherboard aro General Hardware 0 October 31st 03 06:04 PM
Which motherboard is better? Peter A. Stavrakoglou Homebuilt PC's 7 September 1st 03 02:54 AM