Samsung ML 1510 for about £55. Is this a good deal?

Old August 24th 04, 02:42 PM
[ste parker]

Default Samsung ML 1510 for about £55. Is this a good deal?

Lem wrote:

Ebuyer are doing a selloff of their Samsung ML 1510 printer for £57 (inc
VAT and delivery). http://tinyurl.com/yupgb

So is Dabs for £55. http://snipurl.com/8mee

I hear Savastore is doing much the same deal.

Is this a good deal or is there something like a new and aggressively
priced Samsung model coming? Or are these dealers just shedding excess
stock?

Is this a half-decent printer? The better ML 1750 seems to have been liked
by many but what about this ML 1510?

Seems like a good deal from the reviews I've read, in fact I'm quite
tempted myself!

--
[ste]
Old August 24th 04, 02:48 PM
Rich S

"[ste parker]" wrote in message
Lem wrote:

Ebuyer are doing a selloff of their Samsung ML 1510 printer for £57 (inc
VAT and delivery). http://tinyurl.com/yupgb

So is Dabs for £55. http://snipurl.com/8mee

I hear Savastore is doing much the same deal.

Is this a good deal or is there something like a new and aggressively
priced Samsung model coming? Or are these dealers just shedding excess
stock?

Is this a half-decent printer? The better ML 1750 seems to have been

liked
by many but what about this ML 1510?

Seems like a good deal from the reviews I've read, in fact I'm quite
tempted myself!

--
[ste]

Staples have these on offer at £44.99!

Old August 24th 04, 03:03 PM
GwG

"Lem" wrote in message
Ebuyer are doing a selloff of their Samsung ML 1510 printer for £57

(inc
VAT and delivery). http://tinyurl.com/yupgb

So is Dabs for £55. http://snipurl.com/8mee

I hear Savastore is doing much the same deal.

Is this a good deal or is there something like a new and aggressively
priced Samsung model coming? Or are these dealers just shedding

excess
stock?

Is this a half-decent printer? The better ML 1750 seems to have been

liked
by many but what about this ML 1510?

I bought the ML 1510 the last time it was on offer, and I am happy with
mine. Not tried to refill the toner yet, but have printed out quite a
few pages and still going strong on the supplied cartridge. The first
time I used it, I thought it was just ejecting the paper, as it seemed
so fast.

Old August 24th 04, 03:21 PM
fred

In article , Lem
writes
Ebuyer are doing a selloff of their Samsung ML 1510 printer for £57 (inc
VAT and delivery). http://tinyurl.com/yupgb

So is Dabs for £55. http://snipurl.com/8mee

I hear Savastore is doing much the same deal.

Is this a good deal or is there something like a new and aggressively
priced Samsung model coming? Or are these dealers just shedding excess
stock?

Is this a half-decent printer? The better ML 1750 seems to have been liked
by many but what about this ML 1510?

Well thought of & recommended in alt.consumers.uk-
discounts.and.bargains, I got one after the last bargain round & as another
has posted, avail at staples for 44.95 or summut. Here's some history:
http://www.google.co.uk/groups?as_oq...510&as_ugroup=
alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains&as_scoring=d
Cheap refill toner avail at about 18quid.
--
fred
Old August 24th 04, 03:21 PM
[ste parker]

Rich S wrote:

"[ste parker]" wrote in message

Lem wrote:

Ebuyer are doing a selloff of their Samsung ML 1510 printer for £57 (inc
VAT and delivery). http://tinyurl.com/yupgb

So is Dabs for £55. http://snipurl.com/8mee

I hear Savastore is doing much the same deal.

Is this a good deal or is there something like a new and aggressively
priced Samsung model coming? Or are these dealers just shedding excess
stock?

Is this a half-decent printer? The better ML 1750 seems to have been

liked

by many but what about this ML 1510?

Seems like a good deal from the reviews I've read, in fact I'm quite
tempted myself!

--
[ste]

Staples have these on offer at £44.99!

I don't see it mentioned on the website, in fact they don't seem to
carry Samsung lasers at all. Is this just instore?

--
[ste]
Old August 24th 04, 07:44 PM
logized

"Lem" wrote in message ...
Ebuyer are doing a selloff of their Samsung ML 1510 printer for £57 (inc
VAT and delivery). http://tinyurl.com/yupgb

So is Dabs for £55. http://snipurl.com/8mee

I hear Savastore is doing much the same deal.

Is this a good deal or is there something like a new and aggressively
priced Samsung model coming? Or are these dealers just shedding excess
stock?

Is this a half-decent printer? The better ML 1750 seems to have been

liked
by many but what about this ML 1510?

Bought one several months ago when they had them on special offer at PCWorld
of all places (they were about £45 then but are back up in price now).
It works ok except for sometimes not perfect paper alignment as it feeds
through - causing a slight slope on text lines.
It has a good toner-save option, the print quality is not noticeably worse
than in the normal mode.
The official replacement toner cartridges cost as much as the printer! - so
there were some posts at the time about toner powder re-fills being
available - eg. see
http://www.consumablecafe.co.uk/acat...LED_TONER.html
I have not tried one yet, but will do when it runs out.

Dave

Old August 25th 04, 01:09 PM
nigel. carron

In message , Lem writes
Is this a good deal or is there something like a new and aggressively
priced Samsung model coming? Or are these dealers just shedding excess
stock?

Promo from Samsung - and its a fine printer. Bought one 2 weeks back -
had to pay £90 - but as so damned cheap to run. Not as fast as my
ML-4500 and certainly flimsier. But at £55 a bargain - get a bottle of
toner in ready and cheap printing is here

--
Nigel J Carron

Old August 26th 04, 11:53 AM
fred

In article , logized no-
writes
The official replacement toner cartridges cost as much as the printer! - so
there were some posts at the time about toner powder re-fills being
available - eg. see
http://www.consumablecafe.co.uk/acat...LED_TONER.html
I have not tried one yet, but will do when it runs out.

Ordered 95g (1 refill) toner from them y'day & it arrived in the post today.
7.99 inc first class post, thanks for the tip.
--
fred
Old August 26th 04, 12:10 PM
Parish

Lem wrote:
Ebuyer are doing a selloff of their Samsung ML 1510 printer for £57 (inc
VAT and delivery). http://tinyurl.com/yupgb

So is Dabs for £55. http://snipurl.com/8mee

It's now down to £48.45 inc VAT at Dabs

http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=2F9F

Parish

-=-=-=-
This .sig was brought to you by Tagzilla http://tagzilla.mozdev.org
Old August 26th 04, 12:12 PM
Parish

Parish wrote:

It's now down to £48.45 inc VAT at Dabs

£53.45 inc. Delivery.

--
By the time you make ends meet, they move the ends.
-=-=-=-

Epson C900 vs. Samsung CLP-500 Peter Boulton Printers 4 January 30th 05 03:12 PM
Samsung ML-2250 Koolaid Printers 0 December 5th 04 09:39 PM
RAID 0 Raptors as system drives, Samsung for storage? Dave H. Storage (alternative) 16 February 26th 04 06:07 PM
GA-8KNXP is it any good? Vincent Poy Gigabyte Motherboards 11 August 24th 03 06:55 PM
[hd for pc always on]Samsung slow than other hd?..& 5.4k rpm that i can find new actually? Danzig Glenn Storage (alternative) 5 July 17th 03 09:01 PM