Problem Recording Streaming Audio on Asus P5GD2

Old December 29th 04, 01:54 PM

Default Problem Recording Streaming Audio on Asus P5GD2

I recently assembled a new PC that uses an Asus P5GD2 motherboard. This
board has built-in C-Media CMI9880 audio. I want to use Windows Media
Encoder to create *.wma files from Windows Media Player and Real Audio
Player streaming audio so I can listen to the broadcasts offline on a
WMP/MP3 player. The new system plays audio without problem but I can't
get Windows Media Encoder to record streaming audio.

I had no problems doing this on my previous system (Soyo SY-P4S Dragon
Ultra motherboard with built-in C-Media CMI8738 audio). To record
streaming audio using the Soyo system I had to enable the Wave audio
source in the C-Media mixer application. The P5GD2 mixer app shows only
Mic, CD, and Line In as recording sources. There is no source equivalent
to the Wave option on the Soyo PC.

I installed the latest C-Media driver and app from the Asus website
(version 5.12.01.0007.36 dated 2004-08-23) but the problem remains.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to enable encoding streaming audio?

Thanks.

No email replies.

Old December 29th 04, 04:15 PM
JAD

on my older 8738 I used a c-media driver instead of asus's. gave many
more options, there may one for the new chip.

nk.net...