new scsi card

Old September 27th 03, 06:59 AM
Lazer

Default new scsi card

Can anyone tell me which scsi card could be used to replace the
SYMBIOS Logic 53C416SCSI adaptor for HP Scanjets?

Because of its age, it has been suggested that the card is probably
for an ISA slot and will not fit the latest motherboards. Is this a
reasonable assumption?

The slots in the latest motherboards are called PCI slots aren't they?
..
The HP 5P scanner is working perfectly and I can't afford to update to
a similar quality of scanner right now.

The new system with an Intell 2.6g CPU 800 FSB WIN XP will break the
bank for a while.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
John.

Old September 27th 03, 08:46 AM
Réjean Dutil

See the web site of Adaptec and Teckram. They both sells a "low cost" PCI
card ideal for scanner. Be sure that they have a driver for your version of
Windows. However, you may buy a new low cost scanner at these prices.

Rejean

.

Old September 28th 03, 06:18 AM
Lane Lewis

You need to know what kind of connector you have on the cable to match up
the card. It should be either a DB25 pin, 50HD pin, 68 pin, or a centronics.
The standard now is a 50HD but it may require a new cable. DB25 pin cards
can still be found pretty cheap.

Adaptec SCSI Card 2906 DB25 ext conn. $50

Adaptec SCSI Card 2930 Ultra 50HD ext conn. $90

Note that not all older scanners will work with a standard SCSI card, check
with HP

Lane