Epson CX3810 ink refill (noob questions)

Old December 2nd 06, 10:43 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Dan Lenski

Default Epson CX3810 ink refill (noob questions)

Hi all,
I have an Epson CX3810 printer-copier-scanner which I like a lot and
which has "run out" of black ink for the first time. However, I'm
quite sure that it hasn't really run out since the black cartridge
makes sloshing noises when I shake it :-)

Because the brand name cartridges are so expensive, I wanted to get a
refill kit and a chip resetter, but there are so many places selling
these and not sure if they're all equally good. One I've found is at:
http://www.re-inks.com/Epson-classic...lus-CX3810.asp

If I get their 18-refill black ink kit and the universal chip resetter,
will I be all set? Can anyone confirm that the universal chip resetter
will work correctly with the CX3810 cartridges? The blank ink
cartridge is model T0601 according to the label on it. Am I stupid to
try refilling ink? Should I just buy generic replacement cartridges
and be done with it? Is re-inks.com an okay place to buy from?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Dan Lenski

Old December 3rd 06, 01:41 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Wolfgang Schmittenhammer

Dan Lenski wrote:
[...]

Cannot vouch for the chip re setter or your model printer.
Try ALOTOFTHINGS.COM
http://www.alotofthings.com/viartsho...9&item_id=1116
They have a good reputation for quality products. I have been using
their inks, Formulabs, in a Canon 6000D and get stunning results.. Just
won a couple ribbons in an amateur photo contest, with printouts using
their inks..
Old December 3rd 06, 01:45 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Wolfgang Schmittenhammer

Wolfgang Schmittenhammer wrote:
Dan Lenski wrote:
[...]

Don't know personally, but from reading the page, if you get their
virgin refillable cartridge, they have auto reset chips installed
Dave.....
Old December 3rd 06, 05:11 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Yianni

This printer uses new cartridges (with different shape than the normal ones
and different chips). There is no resetter for those chips.

--
Yianni

(Remove the number nine from my email address to send me email)

t...

Old December 3rd 06, 11:52 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Wolfgang Schmittenhammer

http://fillserv.com/inkjetprinter.ph...tylus+ CX3810
Old December 3rd 06, 01:27 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Dan Lenski wrote:
[...]

I found them to be unprofessional. It is best to use OEM ink. The only
exception is if your printload is that heavy and you are willing to
lower your standards somewhat for the sake of money and you will print
so much before your printhead goes south.

Old December 3rd 06, 02:01 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Measekite is a well known troll who haunts this group. Ignore him. My
advice is, every time you buy an ink refill, bank the difference
between its price and the OEM refill. When you have banked the price of
the next printer you want to own, stop. After that time, you're
coasting. Simple.

Measekite is autistic, and he cannot help doing what he does. It is
best just to ignore him.

Old December 3rd 06, 02:05 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

measekite wrote:

I found them to be unprofessional.

I bet you never dealt with them, and you just made that up. Troll.

Old December 3rd 06, 07:56 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Dan Lenski

Yianni wrote:
This printer uses new cartridges (with different shape than the normal
ones and different chips). There is no resetter for those chips.

http://fillserv.com/inkjetprinter.ph...tylus+ CX3810

Thanks for the info, Wolfgang and Yianni!

So, if I understand correctly: the stock cartridges CANNOT BE RESET.
However, if I get non-OEM cartridges, I can refill them and they will
never need resetting?

Dan