winaspi.dll

Old July 9th 05, 07:27 PM

Default winaspi.dll

After renovating an old computer I have finished up with the original
mobo and burner in the same case.

Installed Nero 5 from the original CD supplied with this product but
it won't work properly.

The error message says: WINASPI.DLL : Please check for correct windows
ASPI Manager installation of your SCSI-Host Adapter Software.

Why won't it work and what do I have to do to make it work?

Colin

Old July 9th 05, 11:27 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

wrote:

After renovating an old computer I have finished up with the original
mobo and burner in the same case.

Installed Nero 5 from the original CD supplied with this product but
it won't work properly.

The error message says: WINASPI.DLL : Please check for correct windows
ASPI Manager installation of your SCSI-Host Adapter Software.

Why won't it work and what do I have to do to make it work?

Colin

Install aspi 4.60 with ForceASPI 1.7 from a link given he
http://aspi.radified.com/

Update to Nero 5.5.10.56:
http://www.nero.com/us/Update_Nero_Burning_ROM.html
'

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?
http://tinyurl.com/6eldj

(No Mikey S-lickers have been able to prove ANY of the following is)
( a LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Mike Richter is a LIAR (wife beating)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (critical bugs)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (major bug)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda limit)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no enhanced cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/cd-text)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(9a)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (viii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ix)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (x)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)

What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (i)
What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (ii)

Mike Richter Wow! Wow! Wow!

Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (i)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (ii)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (iii)

Mike Richter & "Looooooooonng" Time for Nothing

What an Asshole
Old July 10th 05, 05:49 AM

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 15:47:02 -0600, "Dan G" wrote:

And the operating system is what?

Actually, this must be very significant because it all worked well
with Win98SE. The only new feature is that it's now the same hardware
but with XP Pro.

Colin

.. .

Old July 10th 05, 06:03 AM
Dan G

Is your old version of Nero XP compliant? Nero does not use system ASPI,
and XP doesn't either. If you need to, you can download the Nero ASPI from
Ahead, and drop it into your Ahead folder, that's the only fix for ASPI
problems in your situation. If you have installed some other ASPI on the
system, remove it with KillASPI, (part of the ForceASPI package).

If you installed XP on top of an old 98 install, you may need to start over
with a clean install. If you installed XP on an old motherboard, well there
could be a hardware issue there.

wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 15:47:02 -0600, "Dan G" wrote:

And the operating system is what?

Actually, this must be very significant because it all worked well
with Win98SE. The only new feature is that it's now the same hardware
but with XP Pro.

Colin

.. .

Old July 10th 05, 11:44 PM
Chris Berry

http://www.mp3-cd-extractor.com/aspihelp.htm
I'm sometimes amazed at what hogwash some people spew.
cb

--
=================================
Some people have something to say... others have to say something!

Old July 11th 05, 12:25 AM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

Chris Berry wrote:

http://www.mp3-cd-extractor.com/aspihelp.htm
I'm sometimes amazed at what hogwash some people spew.

Care to point out what you consider "hogwash" on that page?
'

Old July 11th 05, 11:02 AM

I could give this a try. On the other hand I have two more versions
of Nero supplied with writers. One is from 2004. Is it likely that
this version (oem) would create a working version?

Colin

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 23:03:08 -0600, "Dan G" wrote:

Is your old version of Nero XP compliant? Nero does not use system ASPI,
and XP doesn't either. If you need to, you can download the Nero ASPI from
Ahead, and drop it into your Ahead folder, that's the only fix for ASPI
problems in your situation. If you have installed some other ASPI on the
system, remove it with KillASPI, (part of the ForceASPI package).

If you installed XP on top of an old 98 install, you may need to start over
with a clean install. If you installed XP on an old motherboard, well there
could be a hardware issue there.

wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 15:47:02 -0600, "Dan G" wrote:

And the operating system is what?

Actually, this must be very significant because it all worked well
with Win98SE. The only new feature is that it's now the same hardware
but with XP Pro.

Colin

.. .

Old July 28th 05, 12:16 PM
smh

adaptec would replace their grandmas heart medicine
with sugar pills to make a $$$

Chris Berry wrote (7/10/05):

http://www.mp3-cd-extractor.com/aspihelp.htm

(The site was up on 7/10/05, but now it's no more.)
(See: http://tinyurl.com/9rfd2 )

I'm sometimes amazed at what hogwash some people spew.

Your "hogwash" must be referring to the hogwash the above page exposed:

There are references by some product vendors not to use ASPI in
Windows 200 / XP, the only reason this is stated by them is because
of the above fact that the ASPI drivers are not provided
with_the_windows_system

the warning they provide is by no means a technical warning that
will effect your computer adversely if you use ASPI drivers on
Windows 2000 or XP.

The above refers to the "hogwash" of this Acraptec page:
http://tinyurl.com/9deox

Caution:
Do NOT install ASPI32.EXE with Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP,
Easy CD Creator 4.x, or with Windows Media Player 7.0. If you have
one of these applications (or operating systems), you will be using
a different aspi layer that will conflict with the one provided in
this file.

More detailed comment why the above is a "hogwash" is given he
http://www.chickensys.com/support/so...misc/aspi.html
(Wouldn't be surprised if this page also disappears shortly.)

In these CDR newsgroups, however, Adrian Miller (Acraptec/cRoxio) and
Mike Richter (Acraptec/cRoxio ****) took the "hogwash" into a scare
tactic to monopolize the burn software market. Here's an example:

================================
ASPI & Unstable Galore on Win 2K
================================

From: smh
Date: 6/26/01
Subject: Leave system unstable & Get unstable?

Mike Richter (cRoxio ****) splattered:

In my experience, the ASPI layer itself can exist in Win2K
Some programs use it without doing any damage;
others leave the system unstable.

What are these programs that leave the system unstable, using aspi?

----------------------
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio ****)
Date: 6/25/01

I use the Adaptec ASPI layer on my Win2K machine in spite of
it not being supported there and in spite of some applications
which use it being unstable in the OS.
----------------------

What are these applications that become unstable, using aspi?

Do these programs get unstable themselves and at the same time
make the OS unstable, just by using aspi?

Mikey found only CDRWin did not cause the Unstable Galore. (ASPI must
be psychic to discern what burn software is using it! Only the slimiest
friggin SOB could come up with such a cockamamie mumbo jumbo!)

And, of course, that leaves Easy CD Cremator 4.02+ as the only other
burn software that does not cause the Unstable Galore because it
*supposedly* does not use aspi.

Trying to monopolize the burn software market on Win 2k with the
Unstable Galore cockamamie mumbo jumbo goes beyond mere scare tactic.
It's a FRAUD, imo.