missing key cap

Old January 6th 09, 05:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
yirg.kenya

Default missing key cap

The down arrow key cap has 'disappeared' from my wife's Inspiron 6000.

What are the alternatives for replacing it.

This is particularly important as I am the responsible party, having
packed and unpacked the computer for a recent trip. All efforts to
locate the key have failed miserably.

TIA.
Old January 6th 09, 06:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
The Brass Turner

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DELL-INSPIRON-...1%7C240%3A1318

Old January 6th 09, 01:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

i suggest replacing the entire keyboard. because this model was so popular
you will find many new keyboard offered on ebay for just $20 delivered. it
would be about twice from dell including shipping. but before you buy on
ebay be sure to check that it is new, and that it is a 'us english' type
keyboard and look to see if you feel comfortable replacing it by reading the
service manual...
entire service manual:
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...n/sm/index.htm
section on keyboard replacement:
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc....htm#wp1111863
it is one of the simplest laptop keyboards to replace but does require a
very small phillips screwdriver (or you will strip the heads of the very
small screws) and requires some finesse in removing the cable from the
system board (be gentle with it).
ps. i seem to remember that it was missing a key at the time that i packed
it

Old January 6th 09, 02:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_2_]

"yirg.kenya" wrote in message
The down arrow key cap has 'disappeared' from my wife's Inspiron 6000.

What are the alternatives for replacing it.

This is particularly important as I am the responsible party, having
packed and unpacked the computer for a recent trip. All efforts to
locate the key have failed miserably.

TIA.

Yep. My recommendation is the same as Christopher's. Even if you could
find a down arrow keycap for a dollar or so, you would have a lot of
difficulty fitting it to the keyboard, getting it to function properly,
and getting it to stay in place... Ben Myers

1GB RAM is missing. pgega Homebuilt PC's 5 October 27th 07 01:40 AM
Am I missing something? professor General 1 April 1st 06 03:16 AM
Am I Missing Something? Dylan C Nvidia Videocards 7 March 5th 06 01:39 AM
Missing CD-ROM Bogus Fracture General 8 July 6th 04 11:14 PM
Maybe I am missing something. Help some more Please Mark G. Asus Motherboards 5 June 8th 04 07:13 PM