XP1600+ Overclock

Old April 28th 04, 02:17 PM
Kai Robinson

Default XP1600+ Overclock

Hey there all - yes, i know i'm living in the stone age with one of these -
but right now - i cant afford to spend out on a newer CPU.

Still, on my MSI KT3-Ultra (non ARU model), it sits at 150x10.5 (1575Mhz)
all day long - rock solid, with a 4500rpm Coolermaster HS/Fan, regular
thermal goo, two sticks of Kingston DDR (one 256mb PC2700, one 512mb PC2100)
running 2-2-5-2 timings w/4-way bank interleave. CPU sits at about 33*c when
idle, and 45*c under 100% load.

Question is - is this any good? Can i squeeze any more out of this cpu if i
do the L1 bridges?

Secondly - where in the UK can you get hold of the gear to mod your CPU,
like the conductive paint etc ?

Cheers all

Kai

Old April 28th 04, 05:26 PM
Lord Deckard

Hey there all - yes, i know i'm living in the stone age with one of
these -
but right now - i cant afford to spend out on a newer CPU.

Still, on my MSI KT3-Ultra (non ARU model), it sits at 150x10.5 (1575Mhz)
all day long - rock solid, with a 4500rpm Coolermaster HS/Fan, regular
thermal goo, two sticks of Kingston DDR (one 256mb PC2700, one 512mb

PC2100)
running 2-2-5-2 timings w/4-way bank interleave. CPU sits at about 33*c

when
idle, and 45*c under 100% load.

Question is - is this any good? Can i squeeze any more out of this cpu if

do the L1 bridges?

Secondly - where in the UK can you get hold of the gear to mod your CPU,
like the conductive paint etc ?

Cheers all

Kai

Conductive paint can be picked up from any branch of Maplin electronics or
from their website www.maplin.co.uk product code is N36BA. Just picked up a
bottle myself and time permitting I'm having a go at my 1900 at the weekend.
There's a video that makes it look shockingly easy at
http://www.tomshardware.com/column/20011124/index.html

Good luck to us both )

Lord Deckard

Old April 28th 04, 07:52 PM
Kai Robinson

"Lord Deckard" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Yeah seen the video - still looks scary though!!

Just out of interest - how much is the conductive goo? :P

Old April 28th 04, 07:59 PM
Josef Varela

Secondly - where in the UK can you get hold of the gear to mod your CPU,
like the conductive paint etc ?

Conductive paint is also used for the rear car window, so you could try
at any garage.
Old April 28th 04, 09:53 PM
Dylan Christopherson

Even if your CPU can go higher, your PC2100 Kingston might not.

-- D
Abit NF7 v2
XP 2600+ Mobile @ 2.5 )
2*256 PC2700 Mushkin Blue
GeForce3 Ti200

Old April 29th 04, 12:45 AM
Kai Robinson

"Dylan Christopherson" wrote in message
Even if your CPU can go higher, your PC2100 Kingston might not.

-- D
Abit NF7 v2
XP 2600+ Mobile @ 2.5 )
2*256 PC2700 Mushkin Blue
GeForce3 Ti200

Erm - surely that would be why i want to change the multipliers, no? The
PC2100 does fine at upto 153Mhz FSB with 2-2-5-2 timings, 1T command, but
changing the multiplier to 11, i could keep the same 150Mhz FSB and still
get more out of the CPU. In either case, the MSI KT3 Ultra allows me to run
the memory asynchronous.