what causes Delll laptop screeen to do this?

Old September 14th 03, 08:21 PM
net

Default what causes Delll laptop screeen to do this?

http://home.freeuk.net/tonj/dell/screen.htm

Old September 14th 03, 09:27 PM
Robotnik

Maybe your display controller is screwed up.

Old September 14th 03, 11:58 PM
Chu-Chu

"Robotnik" wrote in news:va49b.141765
:

"net" wrote in message
http://home.freeuk.net/tonj/dell/screen.htm

It looks like the screen is being squeezed for 16x9 HDTV...
Old September 15th 03, 02:21 PM
net

"Robotnik" wrote in message
Maybe your display controller is screwed up.

are you talking about the display driver?

Old September 15th 03, 05:26 PM
Robotnik

well I guess it could be......but I was actually referring to the hardware
itself.

Old September 15th 03, 05:39 PM
Phrederik

The screen resolution is set to the wrong size.

Was the laptop connected to a TV at the previous boot?

Old September 16th 03, 12:05 AM
net

"Phrederik" wrote in message
The screen resolution is set to the wrong size.

Was the laptop connected to a TV at the previous boot?

no

Old September 16th 03, 08:49 AM
kony

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 00:05:22 +0100, "net" wrote:

"Phrederik" wrote in message
The screen resolution is set to the wrong size.

Was the laptop connected to a TV at the previous boot?

no

Have you tried fiddling with refresh rate settings?
What's your best guess as to what caused this, what was running on the
system just prior to this problem?

Dave

Laptop woes FINAL :) db General 1 August 23rd 03 11:29 PM
Laptop woes Fixed John McGaw General 4 August 18th 03 12:15 PM
laptop woes db General 5 August 13th 03 11:06 PM
USB 1.1 card for old Laptop and W95? Cari General 0 August 11th 03 06:49 PM
Laptop HDD: failure during enumeration? rcm General 0 July 25th 03 05:06 PM