Farmatting inspiron 9100

Old August 13th 06, 08:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
rodrigo

Default Farmatting inspiron 9100

Hi,
Please can anyone tell how to format my dell inspiron 9100? I know
there's a way of doing by just pressing a couple of keys while the
machine is turning on but I can't remenber what are the keys.
Thanks for yor help
Rodrigo

Old August 13th 06, 09:09 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Colin Wilson

Please can anyone tell how to format my dell inspiron 9100? I know
there's a way of doing by just pressing a couple of keys while the
machine is turning on but I can't remenber what are the keys.

Try CTRL-F11 (IIRC)

Old August 15th 06, 04:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Sign Generator

Some dells, you format it and dells secret drive (to reinstall/recover
stuff) will still be there (like acronis boot features), I use the dell
resource CDROM to boot to a win98 DOS command, then you will find FDISK
on that CD (somewhere) so you can remove all partions, even the non
readable one Dell snuck on. THen reboot, then get back to the win98 DOS
mode and format your hard drive. There, now yer hardrive is like new
again..

Make sure you have Dell reinstall CDs before you destroy all the data
on the drive...

http://www.WHAK.com

rodrigo wrote:
Thanks for your help
All the best
Rodrigo

Old August 15th 06, 12:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Ack, this is perhaps the worst advice that I have EVER heard on this forum.

Your instructions would wipe out both the Factory restore partition AND the
diagnostics partition.

Many Dell users don't HAVE reinstall cds. Many of the machines that have
restore partitions don't have CDs.

Please refrain from advice on areas with which you clearly have no
experience.

Tom
"Sign Generator" wrote in message
oups.com...
Some dells, you format it and dells secret drive (to reinstall/recover
stuff) will still be there (like acronis boot features), I use the dell
resource CDROM to boot to a win98 DOS command, then you will find FDISK
on that CD (somewhere) so you can remove all partions, even the non
readable one Dell snuck on. THen reboot, then get back to the win98 DOS
mode and format your hard drive. There, now yer hardrive is like new
again..

Make sure you have Dell reinstall CDs before you destroy all the data
on the drive...

http://www.WHAK.com

rodrigo wrote:
Thanks for your help