Has anyone gotten their OS Disk from Dell recently?

Old April 27th 05, 01:06 AM
Tom Scales

"William R. Walsh" wrote in
message news:dzzbe.17654$WI3.7002@attbi_s71...
snip
Dell seems to have different ways of doing the restoration process
depending
upon your system too. Not all that long ago I had a lower end Dimension in
here for service that had two (!) different kinds of discs. One set was
the
"classic" offering of a Windows XP disc along with a resource CD and a few
others. The other was a set of four discs that did a true factory clean
and
destructive restoration.

I'd have to say that I've fought many a battle with tech support people in
India. Now, don't get me wrong here. I have nothing against the Indian
people. But I do have a terrible time understanding what they say and more
than once I've talked to some who were rather rude.

William

What model Dimension? I've been on this newsgroup for years and owned a lot
of Dimensions and NEVER seen or heard of a Dimension with restore image
disks. Are you sure they were not made by the owner?

Tom