Customer Service

Old February 13th 05, 04:40 PM
Dogface

So when Dell is at 10 and the others are at 9, Dell will still be
advertising "award winning support" instead of " we all suck, but we suck a
little less"?

"Hank Arnold" wrote in message
This "news" is so old that it's growing a beard....... I doubt that there

is
anyone out there who thinks that Dell's support has remained at the same
level it was years ago..... the other OEM's are still worse....

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Kerry Goodnight" wrote in message

http://news.com.com/Growing+pains+hi...3-5162141.html

Old February 13th 05, 05:12 PM
Jon Skidmore

Maybe she is dong something special for the service mgr.
"Notan" wrote in message
Dogface wrote:

Hmmm... don't recall seeing that in the Dell ads either.
Shouldn't buyers expect what they have been promised?
Namely "award winning support"?

So the cheaper Dell system buyers get support fair to bad support.
The middle of the line buyers get mediocre support.
The top of the line buyers get the best support.
I doubt that is the Dell service model.

When I bring my Toyota in for service, the service is just
as expected... Very good.

When my wife brings her Lexus in for service, not only is
the service very good, they give her a loaner, wash her car,
and numerous other "pluses."

Do ya think it might be because she spent more money?

Notan

Old February 13th 05, 05:24 PM
Dogface

"Notan" wrote in message
Dogface wrote:

Except home buyers of expensive systems get low level service as well.
It is not what they paid, it is their status as a "home buyer" that

sends
determines their level of non-service.

As a Small Business purchaser, I had to pay more for Gold Tech Support,
in order to ensure that I'd get good support... It didn't come free,
just 'cause I wasn't a Home buyer.

I do, however, think that (optional) level of support *should* be

available
to all purchasers.

Notan

So are you a legitimate business or just a home buyer trying to get some
decent support?

Old February 13th 05, 05:28 PM
Notan

Dogface wrote:

"Notan" wrote in message
Dogface wrote:

Except home buyers of expensive systems get low level service as well.
It is not what they paid, it is their status as a "home buyer" that

sends
determines their level of non-service.

As a Small Business purchaser, I had to pay more for Gold Tech Support,
in order to ensure that I'd get good support... It didn't come free,
just 'cause I wasn't a Home buyer.

I do, however, think that (optional) level of support *should* be

available
to all purchasers.

Notan

So are you a legitimate business or just a home buyer trying to get some
decent support?

A legitimate small business (self-employed for the past 12+ years).

Notan
Old February 13th 05, 05:31 PM
Notan

Jon Skidmore wrote:

Maybe she is dong something special for the service mgr.

Always a possibility, but in this case it was just a matter
of more money, better service. g

Notan
Old February 13th 05, 06:53 PM
Irene

Wrong again. We paid $8327 for what we understood to be 3 "top of the line"
Dell home computers with "top of the line" Tech Support and Service. We sure
as hell didn't get the "top of the line" Tech Support and Service that was
implied by Dell's advertising. We got same sorry Tech Support and Service
that Dell provides with their cheapest computers. That is why we have
purchased our last Dell computer.

"WSZsr" wrote in message
. com...
You get what you pay for. Any fool knows that.....

"Dogface" wrote in message
Hmmm.... I don't recall Dell ever calling out various levels of service
costing more and more money on any of their "award winning service"
commercials. Do home buyers see a line on their invoice that says
"Mediocre Service included"? It must be right under the line that says
"Torturous Customer Service included".

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
You're right.

And I assume you're willing to pay an extra $100-200 for this?

Great!

Then just buy it through Small business and pay for Gold support.

Ever heard of "you get what you pay for?"

Buy a cheap Home machine and get offshore mediocre service.
Buy a better Small business machine and pay for onshort service.

How can they do what you want and still sell a $349 machine?

Tom
"Dogface" wrote in message
"Growing pains" my arse. Dell's customer support problems are very

simple
and easily solved. This isn't rocket science for Christ sake. It

just
takes the will and the MONEY! It appears Dell has neither since

their
ratings continue to decline.

On the tech side it is plain and simple. Dell needs to bring back

support
to the U.S. Foreign support centers for U.S. customers is a loser

IMO.
If
they refuse to do this because of cost then every single tech support

call
needs to be examined. If the customer is constantly saying "what?"

or
asking the tech agent to repeat themselves, then this agent has a
communication problem (assuming a clear telephone connection).

Either
get
rid of them or take them off and teach them understandable English.

If
they
have to keep putting the customer on hold to get information then get

rid
of
them or train them properly. If they can't solve a certain

percentage
of
calls on the first try without help then get rid of them or train

them.

On the customer service side, empower the customer service reps to do
their
job without bouncing customers between 3-4 different divisions in an
endless
and frustrating loop of nobody being able to help. If a customer

service
rep has to transfer you 2-3 times then YOU HAVE A PROBLEM with your
customer
service model! If a customer has to call back repeatedly for the

same
problem then YOU HAVE A PROBLEM with your customer service model!

All
this
run around is ****ing the customer off AND cost Dell money.

Measure this stuff and make managers bonuses dependent on fixing the
problems!

Old February 13th 05, 09:25 PM
Dogface

Right, and sometimes you DON"T get what you pay for.
It's called getting ripped off by Dell.
Any fool knows that...

Well any fool except some of the Dell fools in here like WSZsr that thinks
Dell can do no wrong and it's always the customer's fault.

Old February 13th 05, 10:28 PM
Dan Sgambelluri

of course, it is called marketing.

it is like when a talk show host or whatever says a Ocsar winning actor or
Grammy winning singer when introducing them, you don't think they won the
award the last year?

Old February 13th 05, 10:28 PM
Dan Sgambelluri

it is called marketing.

it is like when a talk show host or whatever says a Ocsar winning actor or
Grammy winning singer when introducing them, you don't think they won the
award the last year?

"Dogface" wrote in message
Just NOT the model they advertise they have.

Dell needs to stop lying to the home buyers.

Dell needs to stop conning people into believing they
have award winning support and they will get it.

Just be honest for once!

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
Actually it is EXACTLY Dell's service model.

news