Best online site for price comparison?

Old November 4th 05, 06:56 PM
Ajanta

Default Best online site for price comparison?

Which online sites are the best ones for comparision shopping of
computers, peripherals, and other electronic items in your experience?

I know of pricegrabber and shopzilla but would like to know of any
others.
Old November 4th 05, 07:12 PM
Dan G

There's only one place to shop, IMHO

www.newegg.com

Price isn't everything, although NewEgg often has the best price too. What
matters is getting good service and prompt problem resolution. that's where
NewEgg is by far the best.

Old November 4th 05, 07:57 PM
Dragonmaster Lou

On 2005-11-04, Dan G wrote:
There's only one place to shop, IMHO

www.newegg.com

Price isn't everything, although NewEgg often has the best price too. What
matters is getting good service and prompt problem resolution. that's where
NewEgg is by far the best.

I second NewEgg. They usually are within $5-$10 of the cheapest prices
I see anywhere, and I often don't go elsewhere if they have what I'm
looking for.

As far as other places I like to look in case NewEgg's price doesn't
seem all that great, www.pricewatch.com and www.resellerratings.com are
favorites. ResellerRatings.com also has the advantage of people rating
the customer service of the site.

--

-------------------- http://www.techhouse.org/lou ----------------------
"Dragonmaster Lou" | "Searching for a distant star, heading off to
Old November 4th 05, 08:10 PM
Mamamia

In article ,
Ajanta wrote:

Which online sites are the best ones for comparision shopping of
computers, peripherals, and other electronic items in your experience?

I know of pricegrabber and shopzilla but would like to know of any
others.

dealmac.com has some good deals listed but you have to check back with
them routinely or sign up for their newsletter.
shopping.yahoo.com has come through for me more than once.
Like another poster, I like newegg.com also, as their shipping is
usually very reasonable and their service has been good for me. And they
have some great specials too.
surpluscomputers.com can have a gem in their store every now and then.
And I actually found a great deal on a keyboard I was looking for at
provantage.com not long ago, plus their shipping was very fast, as they
have a distribution point that is within 200 miles from me. I got the
item in two days on routine shipping charges. Really put a smile on my
face, as my old keyboard was getting really cranky and my fingers were
getting very sore!
--
45% of our soldiers in Iraq are Nat'l Guard, with old, broken,
& outdated equipment. Is this any way to run an army?
Old November 4th 05, 08:15 PM
Mamamia

In article ,
Dragonmaster Lou wrote:
I second NewEgg. They usually are within $5-$10 of the cheapest prices
I see anywhere, and I often don't go elsewhere if they have what I'm
looking for.

I had been looking for my first laser printer for my home office. I had
pretty much decided that the HP 1020 was what I could afford (bottom of
the line but had some good reviews) however the cheapest price I'd seen
was $138 on Amazon (shipping extra)
Newegg had a 6-hour sale a couple weeks ago and I grabbed up the HP 1020
for $99.99 plus $6 shipping. Saved me $40+, no doubt. I'll be checking
them again regularly, for sure!

Old November 4th 05, 08:49 PM
measekite

Dan G wrote:

There's only one place to shop, IMHO

www.newegg.com

WHILE NEWEGG IS REPUTABLE THEIR PRICES ARE USUALLY MUCH HIGHER THAN
OTHER PLACES.

Old November 4th 05, 09:03 PM
badgolferman

Ajanta, 11/4/2005,1:56:40 PM, wrote:

Which online sites are the best ones for comparision shopping of
computers, peripherals, and other electronic items in your experience?

I know of pricegrabber and shopzilla but would like to know of any
others.

pricewatch.com for comparison shopping.
I tend to buy my stuff at gearxs.com if they have it.

--
"They call it golf because all of the other four-letter words were
taken." -- Raymond Floyd
Old November 4th 05, 09:06 PM
zakezuke

I know of pricegrabber and shopzilla but would like to know of any
others.

www.pricewatch.com and www.froogle.com
amazon.com also does some comparison

Keep in mind that lowest bid isn't always the way to go. Some products
might for example be referbs without full factory warranty.

I tend to shop at newegg.com. Their prices are good, their return
policy decent, and shipping is speedy.