Help: Finding System Info

Old December 16th 03, 03:31 AM
Darren Harris

Default Help: Finding System Info

I have a DELL GX1 pc and a Compaq Desktop pc(model unknown).

Can anyone tell me how to get info so I can find drivers for these
systems, and also explore my upgrade options?

Both companys obviously don't want the consumers who buy their
machines to have important upgrade info about the systems, which is
why it is so difficult to do anything with these mnachines once they
are out of warrantee.

But if one cannot get the component info, then how can one upgrade or
find drivers?

This is a big reason I would never buy one of their systems firsthand.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Old December 16th 03, 05:49 PM
the yeti

www.aida32.hu is the best program out there, and its free.
Old January 10th 04, 11:44 PM
Darren Harris

Thanks.

I used Belarc years ago on my main system which is down, and had
forgotten about it.

Belarc gave me the following info on the present PC I use to access
the internet. (Now all I need is a program on a floppy that I can just
pop into any of my several PCs to give me that info)...

Computer Profile Summary
Computer Name: L3w3q9 (in WORKGROUP)
Profile Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 12:36:49
Advisor Version: 6.0m
Windows Logon: User

Operating System
Windows ME(build 4.90.3000)
---------------------------
System Model
Compaq Deskpro EP/SB Series
System Serial Number: 6850CCJ7F345
Asset Tag: 6850CCJ7F345
Chassis Serial Number: 6850CCJ7F345
-----------------------------------
Processor a
350 megahertz Intel Pentium II
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
-----------------------------------
Main Circuit Board b
Board: Compaq 041Ch
Serial Number: 6850CCJ7F345
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Compaq 686T2 07/24/98
-----------------------------------
Drives
4.29 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
2.54 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
COMPAQ CRD-8322B [CD-ROM drive]
Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")
Generic IDE hard disk drive (4.29 GB)
-- drive 0, No SMART Driver
-----------------------------------
Memory Modules c,d
128 Megabytes Installed Memory
Slot 'DIMM #1:J1' has 64 MB
Slot 'DIMM #2:J2' has 64 MB
Slot 'DIMM #3:J3' is Empty
-----------------------------------
Local Drive Volumes
c: (on drive 0)
4.29 GB
2.54 GB free
-----------------------------------
Logins
No details available
Network Drives

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.
Old January 11th 04, 01:28 AM
Trai' La Trash

Can we say holy sheet?
That software even shows the reg keys....
Not bad.