RAM prices going up?

Old June 3rd 09, 05:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
pawihte[_2_]

Default RAM prices going up?

Memory prices seem to have gone up recently here in India. Do you
see the same trend in other countries? I ask here because
checking online prices myself now wouldn't tell me anything as I
haven't checked them in recent months.

Old June 3rd 09, 05:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

pawihte wrote:
Memory prices seem to have gone up recently here in India. Do you
see the same trend in other countries? I ask here because
checking online prices myself now wouldn't tell me anything as I
haven't checked them in recent months.

There is one graph here, which shows three months of chip pricing.
DDR2 has gone up 50% in three months. But demand should still
be mushy for the rest of the year. I think the difference is caused
by a supply side correction. Perhaps Quimonda is no longer making
RAM ?

http://www.dramexchange.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qimonda

Paul
Old June 3rd 09, 07:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
pawihte[_2_]

"Paul" wrote in message
pawihte wrote:
Memory prices seem to have gone up recently here in India. Do
you see the same trend in other countries? I ask here because
checking online prices myself now wouldn't tell me anything as
I haven't checked them in recent months.

There is one graph here, which shows three months of chip
pricing.
DDR2 has gone up 50% in three months. But demand should still
be mushy for the rest of the year. I think the difference is
caused
by a supply side correction. Perhaps Quimonda is no longer
making
RAM ?

http://www.dramexchange.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qimonda

Thanks, Paul. That was very helpful. Being involved in a
high-tech field in one of the most remote corners of India can be
very frustrating at times (been in electronics for about 40 yrs),
when the whole country itself lags behind western countries in
many things.

Old June 4th 09, 08:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
pawihte[_2_]

"Joel" wrote in message
"pawihte" wrote:

Memory prices seem to have gone up recently here in India. Do
you
see the same trend in other countries? I ask here because
checking online prices myself now wouldn't tell me anything as
haven't checked them in recent months.

Then why don't you check yourself then pass the information to
us?

I asked if prices are rising. Checking at online shops will tell
me only the current price, not whether it has risen from last
week or three months ago. Is that simple enough?

I didn't know about sites like dramexchange.com that show trends.
Thanks to Paul, I know now.

Old June 6th 09, 12:30 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
CBFalconer

Joel wrote:
"pawihte" wrote:

.... snip ...

I didn't know about sites like dramexchange.com that show trends.
Thanks to Paul, I know now.

You don't know, I don't knhow, they don't know .. then why care?

I think a better declension is:

I don't know We don't know
You don't know You-all don't know
He/she doesn't know They don't know

:-)

[page]: http://cbfalconer.home.att.net
Try the download section.

Old June 9th 09, 09:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
pawihte[_2_]

"Joel" wrote in message
news
CBFalconer wrote:

Joel wrote:
"pawihte" wrote:

... snip ...

I didn't know about sites like dramexchange.com that show
trends.
Thanks to Paul, I know now.

You don't know, I don't knhow, they don't know .. then why
care?

I think a better declension is:

I don't know We don't know
You don't know You-all don't know
He/she doesn't know They don't know

:-)

That's about it! I don't know why ask the question but don't
really care
for the answer.

Like butting your head against a brick wall. Are you on drugs?

Old June 10th 09, 08:47 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
pawihte[_2_]

"Joel" wrote in message
"pawihte" wrote:

"Joel" wrote in message
news
CBFalconer wrote:

Joel wrote:
"pawihte" wrote:

... snip ...

I didn't know about sites like dramexchange.com that
show
trends.
Thanks to Paul, I know now.

You don't know, I don't knhow, they don't know .. then
why
care?

I think a better declension is:

I don't know We don't know
You don't know You-all don't know
He/she doesn't know They don't know

:-)

That's about it! I don't know why ask the question but
don't
really care
for the answer.

Like butting your head against a brick wall. Are you on drugs?

Thanks for the drug you sold me bg. Don't smoke them all cuz
I may buy
few more from you.

Glad you're enjoying it. I'll keep a stash for you.

Why are prices going up? Clark Intel 1 November 3rd 06 10:08 PM
Are TFT prices going up? [email protected] UK Computer Vendors 6 October 21st 05 09:27 AM
Prices going up? YanquiDawg Overclocking 0 July 20th 04 10:11 PM
RAM PRICES rochyy Homebuilt PC's 9 August 5th 03 04:46 PM
Ram prices? Thomas Andersson Overclocking AMD Processors 0 June 26th 03 10:54 PM