PC parts with the style of a mac?

Old December 14th 09, 12:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
terryc[_3_]

Default PC parts with the style of a mac?

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 00:39:06 +0000, Mickel wrote:

"terryc" wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 15:34:26 -0600, DevilsPGD wrote:

http://www.adamobydell.com/ is one such example of a line competing
more on style than substance. They're not particularly bad machines,
but for the price, you could do better.

Isn't that the whole point of "style" = crap at expensive prices?

Quite often yes but that does not have to be the case. The dell monitor
I bought was quite stylish and cheap (23", better than full HD res, web
cam, usb, microphone, dvi, hdmi for $237AU).

But how many ave you sold to customers?
Better buy up now, because they are extremely unlikely to be here next
year.

PCs look like PCs because that is where the market is. Anything else is a
contract for an "artist".

Old December 14th 09, 12:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
terryc[_3_]

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 00:48:28 +0000, Mickel wrote:

I'm really just after any suggestions.

Unable to use a search engine?

The customer is you, isn't it?
Old December 14th 09, 12:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
terryc[_3_]

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 00:44:22 +0000, Mickel wrote:

"terryc" wrote in message
Just look around. Seriously, I hope you've taken a quote fee for all
this time wasting.

It's not me causing the time wasting, it's everyone here who feels the
need to turn everything into an arguement.

Becuase those of us in the game know that you are not, otherwise you
would already know how futile your search it. 2 sec replies cost nothing,
but ongoing whining of "show me more" gets the response you are getting.
it is clear that you are just another cheap arsehole that expects people
to run after you. As someone said, if you want style, then pay for it and
hire an artist/craftsman to construct a case. Hint, if you knew anything
about building PCs, you would know how easy this is. It is just a
question of how much you are prepared to pay for style.

Old December 14th 09, 03:57 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Mickel

"terryc" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 00:42:51 +0000, Mickel wrote:

That was a fantastic speech but I am just after suggestions. I don't
know what the customer wants and they possibly don't know either until
they've seen it. I really wouldn't have thought this would be so
complicated.

FFS, I hope you are on hourly rates for this bull**** because that is
what "style" is.

Yes, I am on an hourly rate.

Michael

Old December 14th 09, 04:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Mickel

"kony" wrote in message
... and I did. The answer is you are looking for something
subjective, it is only you that can make an assesment of
fitness towards the goal. Randomly throwing links at you
would be not so much unlike being a deer hunter that shoots
arrow into the sky hoping to hit something.

That's rubbish, what I'm asking is "does anyone know where is a good place
to hunt deer"? Seems like a simple request, if you have a suggestion then
give it, if you don't then don't bother arguing about the merits of deer
hunting and then complain *I'm* wasting time.

Good luck, but the legwork is still necessarily your burden.

Yes of course it is but I thought a few suggestions wouldn't be that big an
issue.

Old December 14th 09, 04:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Mickel

"terryc" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 00:48:28 +0000, Mickel wrote:

I'm really just after any suggestions.

Unable to use a search engine?

I have searched and found some quite good possibilities.

The customer is you, isn't it?

No.

Old December 15th 09, 07:57 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 04:00:03 GMT, "Mickel"
wrote:

"kony" wrote in message
.. .
... and I did. The answer is you are looking for something
subjective, it is only you that can make an assesment of
fitness towards the goal. Randomly throwing links at you
would be not so much unlike being a deer hunter that shoots
arrow into the sky hoping to hit something.

That's rubbish, what I'm asking is "does anyone know where is a good place
to hunt deer"? Seems like a simple request, if you have a suggestion then
give it, if you don't then don't bother arguing about the merits of deer
hunting and then complain *I'm* wasting time.

Good luck, but the legwork is still necessarily your burden.

Yes of course it is but I thought a few suggestions wouldn't be that big an
issue.

AFAIK, there is not a website where you can preview the
deer... but there is with computer cases.
Old December 15th 09, 08:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 04:00:44 GMT, "Mickel"
wrote:

"terryc" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 00:48:28 +0000, Mickel wrote:

I'm really just after any suggestions.

Unable to use a search engine?

I have searched and found some quite good possibilities.

Then why are you wasting your time and ours?

It's a computer case, not your wife, not your retirement
plan, not anything at all of consequence. In a couple years
no matter what is chosen it will seem mundane and common.

Your time investment is worth far more than what a computer
case looks like: Realize this and you have a hint at what
life is about.

I now refer back to my opening statement, that if visuals
are important, buy some real artwork.

Old December 16th 09, 11:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Mickel

"kony" wrote in message
Then why are you wasting your time and ours?

It is people like you wasting the time. This post was just looking for
suggestions, people like you turned it into a 2 week long arguement not me.

It's a computer case, not your wife, not your retirement
plan, not anything at all of consequence. In a couple years
no matter what is chosen it will seem mundane and common.

Your time investment is worth far more than what a computer
case looks like: Realize this and you have a hint at what
life is about.

If someone wants to pay me to look for good looking hardware then I'm happy
to let them.

I now refer back to my opening statement, that if visuals
are important, buy some real artwork.

I refer back to my previous statement, if you've got a suggestion then give
it, otherwise don't bother replying.

Michael

Old December 18th 09, 12:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_14_]

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Mickel wrote:
"kony" wrote in message
Then why are you wasting your time and ours?

It is people like you wasting the time. This post was just looking for
suggestions, people like you turned it into a 2 week long arguement
not me.
It's a computer case, not your wife, not your retirement
plan, not anything at all of consequence. In a couple years
no matter what is chosen it will seem mundane and common.

Your time investment is worth far more than what a computer
case looks like: Realize this and you have a hint at what
life is about.

If someone wants to pay me to look for good looking hardware then I'm
happy to let them.

The go and bloody look and stop bothering us with vague requests that aren't
strictly hardware questions. Maybe try alt.style? Or
alt.I'm.getting.paid.for.this.but.I.want.you.to.do .the.work?

I now refer back to my opening statement, that if visuals
are important, buy some real artwork.

I refer back to my previous statement, if you've got a suggestion
then give it, otherwise don't bother replying.

You think you're God now?

I was right, this was a troll post.
--
Shaun.