PC parts with the style of a mac?

Old December 7th 09, 01:52 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Mickel

Default PC parts with the style of a mac?

I've had a customer request PCs that look as "cool" as a Mac. Can anyone
suggest anything? All I can think of is Dell but I wouldn't say they have as
much style as a mac. I think the actual box might not be important, as they
can be hidden. It's more just the screen, keyboard, mouse and speakers that
would be an issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Michael

Old December 7th 09, 10:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_14_]

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Mickel wrote:
I've had a customer request PCs that look as "cool" as a Mac. Can
anyone suggest anything? All I can think of is Dell but I wouldn't
say they have as much style as a mac. I think the actual box might
not be important, as they can be hidden. It's more just the screen,
keyboard, mouse and speakers that would be an issue. Does anyone have
any suggestions?

Get Macs and run Windows via Bootcamp. Or tell the customer to get real.
--
Shaun.

Old December 7th 09, 11:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Mickel

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Get Macs and run Windows via Bootcamp.

I thought of that but it seems like an additional overhead and not really a
supported way to do things.

Or tell the customer to get real.

I don't think their request is unreasonable. I found quite a few PCs and
monitors that could qualify to some degree. Dell has a mac mini copy and
some quite nice monitors. None of them are quite as stylish as the macs but
they definately have some style to them. See below for some of the stuff I
found.

Michael

Phillips 22" monitor

http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/pc...1sb_00/prd/us/

iMac copy

http://tech2.in.com/india/news/deskt...-india/68422/0

Dell mac mini copy

http://www1.ap.dell.com/au/en/home/d...=dhs&cs=audhs1

Dell Studio One 19 (only has 18.5 inch display)

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...=dhs&cs=audhs1

Dell 545s Slim

http://www1.ap.dell.com/au/en/home/d...=dhs&cs=audhs1

Dell Studio Slim

http://www1.ap.dell.com/au/en/home/d...=dhs&cs=audhs1

HP 600T

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...Cs/600t_series

Dell Studio Hybrid

http://www.dell.com.au/hybrid

Dell 23" monitor

http://www1.ap.dell.com/au/en/home/m...s=audhs1&s=dhs

Dell 30" monitor

http://www1.ap.dell.com/au/en/home/m...=dhs&cs=audhs1

Samsung 23" LED Monitor

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consume...ype=prd_detail

?

Benq LED

http://www.benq.com.au/products/LCD/?product=1558

Old December 9th 09, 01:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Mickel

"Mickel" wrote in message
I've had a customer request PCs that look as "cool" as a Mac. Can anyone
suggest anything? All I can think of is Dell but I wouldn't say they have
as
much style as a mac. I think the actual box might not be important, as
they
can be hidden. It's more just the screen, keyboard, mouse and speakers
that
would be an issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Are PCs so unstylish that no one has any real suggestions? :-0

Michael

Old December 9th 09, 05:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 01:01:04 GMT, "Mickel"
wrote:

"Mickel" wrote in message
I've had a customer request PCs that look as "cool" as a Mac. Can anyone
suggest anything? All I can think of is Dell but I wouldn't say they have
as
much style as a mac. I think the actual box might not be important, as
they
can be hidden. It's more just the screen, keyboard, mouse and speakers
that
would be an issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Are PCs so unstylish that no one has any real suggestions? :-0

Michael

Style is a matter of personal taste, BUT merely trying to
duplicate a Mac is not style it's being one of the sheep.

If you want style, hang art on your wall. The ideal
computer is not a stylish one, it's one hidden under your
desk so it isn't seen at all unless you look for it.
Old December 9th 09, 05:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Mickel

"kony" wrote in message
Style is a matter of personal taste, BUT merely trying to
duplicate a Mac is not style it's being one of the sheep.

Who said we are trying to duplicate mac? I want something with as much style
as a mac, not a copy of the mac styling.

If you want style, hang art on your wall. The ideal
computer is not a stylish one, it's one hidden under your
desk so it isn't seen at all unless you look for it.

Obviously that's simply not true, this is a matter of taste and if someone
wants a stylish computer on their desk then I wish them the best of luck. If
they wish to purchase it from me then all the better. It's not a request I
get very often but I think most people like stylish things even if they
don't say so directly. Look at how iPhone sales are going at the moment.

Michael

Old December 9th 09, 05:28 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_14_]

"kony" wrote in message
Style is a matter of personal taste, BUT merely trying to
duplicate a Mac is not style it's being one of the sheep.

Who said we are trying to duplicate mac? I want something with as
much style as a mac, not a copy of the mac styling.

There is only one thing with as much style as a Mac... Other things could
have more or less...

If you want style, hang art on your wall. The ideal
computer is not a stylish one, it's one hidden under your
desk so it isn't seen at all unless you look for it.

Obviously that's simply not true, this is a matter of taste and if
someone wants a stylish computer on their desk then I wish them the
best of luck. If they wish to purchase it from me then all the
better. It's not a request I get very often but I think most people
like stylish things even if they don't say so directly. Look at how
iPhone sales are going at the moment.

Yes, a true triumph of form over function and another sign of the coming of
the anti-christ.
--
Shaun.

Old December 9th 09, 05:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Mickel

"~misfit~" wrote in message
There is only one thing with as much style as a Mac... Other things could
have more or less...

I forgot I was in a newsgroup where the newsgroup Nazis make you cross all
the Is and dot all the Ts. :-)

Yes, a true triumph of form over function and another sign of the coming
of the anti-christ.

That may or may not be true but the point is people are starting to like
style in their computer equipement more and more. I don't see an issue with
someone requesting it, at least they are honest about it :-)

Michael

Old December 9th 09, 09:38 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_14_]

"~misfit~" wrote in message
There is only one thing with as much style as a Mac... Other things
could have more or less...

I forgot I was in a newsgroup where the newsgroup Nazis make you
cross all the Is and dot all the Ts. :-)

shrug My first reply to you gave you the only possible answer to your
question. Run BootCamp on a Mac if you want a 'PC' with as much style as a
Mac. Ain't my fault if you're asking the wrong questions.

Yes, a true triumph of form over function and another sign of the
coming of the anti-christ.

That may or may not be true but the point is people are starting to
like style in their computer equipement more and more.

Be that as it may, my above-quoted comment was in reference to the iPhone.
Methinks you doth trim too much.

I don't see an
issue with someone requesting it, at least they are honest about it
:-)

Honesty's not a bad thing.
--
Shaun.

Old December 9th 09, 10:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
darklight

Mickel wrote:

"~misfit~" wrote in message
There is only one thing with as much style as a Mac... Other things could
have more or less...

I forgot I was in a newsgroup where the newsgroup Nazis make you cross all
the Is and dot all the Ts. :-)

Yes, a true triumph of form over function and another sign of the coming
of the anti-christ.

That may or may not be true but the point is people are starting to like
style in their computer equipement more and more. I don't see an issue
with someone requesting it, at least they are honest about it :-)

Michael

What do you class as style? you can get cases galore as for monitors thats a
different thing. it's all down to personal taste. sorry for being rude if
you had an imagination you would not have asked this question here. This is
a hardware news group not a style house!

As for me my pc is black and gray style enough for you that includes monitor
mouse and keyboard even apeakers.