Looking for: Panel-mount USB A socket, + 35cm bare-end cable

Old November 9th 06, 10:10 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jim Howes

Default Looking for: Panel-mount USB A socket, + 35cm bare-end cable

Any idea where I can get such things?

I'm looking for panel-mounting USB 'A' sockets. The same thing that usually
lurks on a PC Card slot mounting bracket, but with a 35cm (or longer) cable,
preferably with bare ends, although I can of course trim any useless connector.

Jim
Old November 9th 06, 11:45 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Cornelius J Rat

"Jim Howes" wrote in message
Any idea where I can get such things?

I'm looking for panel-mounting USB 'A' sockets. The same thing that
usually
lurks on a PC Card slot mounting bracket, but with a 35cm (or longer)
cable,
preferably with bare ends, although I can of course trim any useless
connector.

Jim

Ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/40cm-LONG-2-x-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old November 9th 06, 12:02 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jim Howes

Cornelius J Rat wrote:

Ebay?

No, not an option. (Trade supplies, not policy, etc.)

Besides, the cables on that one do not look long enough.

Old November 9th 06, 12:35 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Cornelius J Rat

"Jim Howes" wrote in message
Cornelius J Rat wrote:

Ebay?

No, not an option. (Trade supplies, not policy, etc.)

That's their ebay shop. You could ring them:
telephone:
020 82080033
address:
Silicon Connect
Unit G11 Atlas Business Centre,
Oxgate Lane
London
NW2 7HJ

Besides, the cables on that one do not look long enough.

They say 40cm. They don't look that in the head-on view but the side
views... could be.

Old November 20th 06, 12:15 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

"Jim Howes" wrote in message
Any idea where I can get such things?

I'm looking for panel-mounting USB 'A' sockets. The same thing that
usually
lurks on a PC Card slot mounting bracket, but with a 35cm (or longer)
cable,
preferably with bare ends, although I can of course trim any useless
connector.

Jim

http://www.lindy.com/uk/productfolde...2901/index.php
Doesn't have the word Lindy stencilled on the front as illustrated

http://www.frontx.com/order1.html
Invoice in Sterling and deliver to the UK

I have used both of these and I am satisfied with the products and service.

Old November 20th 06, 01:28 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jim Howes

M wrote:

http://www.lindy.com/uk/productfolde...2901/index.php
Doesn't have the word Lindy stencilled on the front as illustrated

http://www.frontx.com/order1.html
Invoice in Sterling and deliver to the UK

Thanks, but these are not what I am looking for. For starters, this project has
nothing to do the PC end of the USB connection; it is a USB host port on one of
our data acquisition boxes that can be used either as an output from a builtin
USB hub (on some boxes) or can be used to slave further USB2.0 data acquisition
boxes to add additional channel capacity to a 'master' unit.

However, we are currently in discussions with lindy on a production run of the
cables we require.