ebuyer

Old October 22nd 06, 01:09 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Bob Eager

Default ebuyer

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 10:28:18 UTC, "Paul" wrote:

"In the mean time your free" .... ??

Yes in the mean time your welcome to set up an account.

I think his point is that it should be spelled:

you're

Spelling is important if you want it to look professional. Get it all
checked. I haven't looked through, but there are spelling mistakes
aplenty here!

--
[Davism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
euthanasia recommended.
Old October 22nd 06, 05:30 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
johannes

johannes wrote:

Paul wrote:

Hi, i noticed ebuyers site is not loading the images but everything
else seams ok to be. Just to let you know theres a new site just been
lauched at www.bigbuyer.co.uk the service will be better then ebuyers
and the prices will be good. the site is still been added to but if you
just crate an account this month you will get a free gift. so take a
look at it. Hope this is useful to you all. They have big backing for
major players and over 1000 new items will be added to the selection
over the next month

I noticed this para:

"UNTESTED ITEMS

All Items in this Section Are Sold 'AS IS' No warranty is given or
implied. As we test items we will move working items to clearance
section and higher the price accodingly and non working items will
be removed from the site totally."

Sounds very iffy to me...

If a customer buys an untested item from this section and it turns out to
be defective, then that customer will immediately be suspicious of the
origin of that item; whether it has in fact been tested and rejected. And
who is to know from what you say. The customer needs clarity, not a gamble.
Old October 22nd 06, 05:43 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
BORG

when you click on a picture to see the item the pop up window can not
be re sized to view the picture.
--

www.ratrodz.co.uk

XJ900 Trike ** GS850 Trike
XV1000 TR1 Chop

[Rot 13 it]

Some people are like slinkys....
no real use but it makes you smile when they fall down stairs!
Old October 22nd 06, 05:53 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Paul

BORG wrote:
when you click on a picture to see the item the pop up window can not
be re sized to view the picture.
--

www.ratrodz.co.uk

XJ900 Trike ** GS850 Trike
XV1000 TR1 Chop

[Rot 13 it]

Some people are like slinkys....
no real use but it makes you smile when they fall down stairs!

I have made note of the problem and will work on fixing it on monday,
notice anything else let me know

Old October 22nd 06, 07:27 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Paul"
opened his gob and said:

I have made note of the problem and will work on fixing it on monday,
notice anything else let me know

Kudos to you setting up a business in over-regulated and difficult
time.

I have to say however, that the errors being reported on your site are
both glaring and obvious. I would respectfully suggest more in house
testing or the offer of *significant* discounts to those testing your
site for you.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old October 23rd 06, 03:46 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Alan Smith

Paul wrote:
BORG wrote:
when you click on a picture to see the item the pop up window can not
be re sized to view the picture.
--

www.ratrodz.co.uk

XJ900 Trike ** GS850 Trike
XV1000 TR1 Chop

[Rot 13 it]

Some people are like slinkys....
no real use but it makes you smile when they fall down stairs!

I have made note of the problem and will work on fixing it on monday,
notice anything else let me know

Your terms & conditions or as you list them as Shipping & Refunds are
illegal.

# snip via letter or e-mail customer services only within 7 days from
receipt. Once you have informed us of your decision to return goods
under DSD, you have 7 days to return the item(s) at your own expense .

You cannot specify 7 days this is restricted practise, it has to be a
reasonable time.

# The customer will be responsible for the safe return of the goods. The
goods must not be opened

Again you cannot state this, a customer has the right to inspect the
goods, how can they be inspected if they cannot open them.

# If the goods supplied to you are damaged on delivery, you should
notify the supplier in writing within 48 hours. Please contact customer
services.

Sorry again restricted practise, it has to be a reasonable time. A
customer could claim that if he received a delivery on Monday due to
work commitments he did not inspect ot until Saturday when he came to
install it. At that time he found it to be damaged, if it went to court
I suspect you would lose your case.

# It is the customers responsibility to notify our Customer Services
Department of any incorrect goods supplied within 48 hours of delivery.

You've done it again.

# Machines found to be defective due to any hardware fault will be
rectified under Bigbuyers warranty conditions. However, machines found
to be defective due to either user error or software problems are
subject to a £25+VAT labour fee that is chargeable at the time of
collection.

How can you charge at the time of collection if you don't know what's
wrong with it at that time?

# Unfortunately, due to current software licensing laws, we are unable
to accept ANY software purchased from Bigbuyer to be returned, for
refund, credit or exchange.

Surely this should read 'opened' software as under the DSR they can
return them.

I would also suggest that you consider paying a web designer to have a
look at the the site & 'theme' it. It currently looks like a site that 2
14 years olds have set up in their spare time & is operating out of
their bedroom, it just doesn't have the feel of a professional outfit.
Old October 23rd 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
johannes

Alan Smith wrote:

Paul wrote:
BORG wrote:
[...]

He might correct much of this in order to look proper, but the psychology
has nevertheless been exposed.
Old October 23rd 06, 06:04 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Poldie

Poldie wrote:
Are they still going? The site (www.ebuyer.co.uk) doesn't seem to be
up - I can't even ping it (well, I can, but I don't get any response).

It's still down! Isn't this a little bad for business?

Old October 23rd 06, 06:08 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Paul

I will be correcting the mentioned errors in the shipping and refunds
policy in the next couple of days. Today i have changed the layout of
the site a little I got rid of some pumpkins I put at the top for
halloween as some people did not like them. I have corrected the
pricing errors and also changed the website status with nominet to get
more details on the WHOIS service.

I have also added a few more products changed the layout of the
homepage a little, made the menus a little smaller, and genrally
corrected a few errors I noticed. Also started working on the help
pages, added a gaming catogary which will have 30 diffrent new items in
by the end of the week.Fixed error on the search page, added phone
number to contact us page as well as street address.

I thank everyone who as so far pointed these errors out, and hope your
sugestions continue to flow in, I will act upon them the best I can as
I want to make a site that people will like and use.

Regards
Paul
www.bigbuyer.co.uk

Old October 23rd 06, 06:16 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Alan Smith

Think most people use www.ebuyer.com though