Which subwoofer sounds most like Gigaworks S750 ?

Old July 23rd 16, 04:49 PM posted to alt.audio,alt.c64,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Which subwoofer sounds most like Gigaworks S750 ?

Hello,

Within a few days a nice new piece of music will come out, the alt.c64 is a
hint at that.

Anyway first I will listen to the new music on my current audio setup.

However the music will sound even more awesome with a powered-subwoofer, a
subwoofer which is currently lacking from my setup.

I once had a Gigaworks S750 but the electronics of this subwoofer failed.

I would like to buy a new powered subwoofer which sounds just like it or
perhaps even better.

The subwoofer should have a nice, deep, warm feeling to it.

So my question to any of you is:

Which subwoofer sounds most like a Gigaworks S750 ?

It would probably have to be a downwards subwoofer since that is what the
S750 was.

This probably also keeps the embrane most stable for accurate sound
reproduction.

Price range is a max of 500 dollars/euros or so.

I have seen a few in the past which looked just like it but ofcourse I can
never know if it truely sounds like it, at the time didn't really mind not
having one.

But for this latest piece of music, it will make it so much more awesome !
So it kinda required now ! YEAHAHA !

Bye,
Skyboom ! =D

Old July 23rd 16, 05:30 PM posted to alt.audio,alt.c64,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Martin Riddle[_2_]

On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 17:49:46 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

[...]

Just connect up that PC to a home theater system, you'll never look
back.

BTW: I miss my old Yamaha Chipset sound Card (Hercules)

Cheers
Old July 23rd 16, 07:48 PM posted to alt.audio,alt.c64,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

"
Just connect up that PC to a home theater system, you'll never look
back.
"

Euhm I know from experience that is not as easy as it sounds.

I already have the 7 speakers from the Gigaworks S750 connected to a denon
1909 receiver.

Just need a nice sounding subwoofer to go along with it.

I also have a sennheiser headset/headphone... I can hear some bass on there
too, however than the high pitch sounds sound a bit less.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 23rd 16, 10:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

wrote:

[...]

This is the best-rated sub on Newegg.

What's wrong with it ? The amplifier board dies after
a year or two. I think you are familiar with this subject.

A friend at work, built his own sub. Or rather, a pair of subs.
We told him that human hearing perception cannot localize a
stereo sub signal, so you only need to build one sub. But he built
two of them, for "stereo".

The speakers were 36" in diameter.

The cabinets take up most of the living room wall.

The cabinets are filled with "ballast" to keep the
speaker on the floor. So you place the speakers,
then install the ballast. You have to remove the
ballast before moving the cabinet.

When they're turned up, the walls of the townhouse
begin to rattle just a tiny bit.

One advantage of the design, is the amplifier is
in a separate box. So the amplifier is not
subjected to heat and vibration from inside
the cabinet.

Now, that's a sub... This is an example of a 36" speaker.

http://autosom.net/noticias/20151203000114ds18_09.jpg

Paul
Old July 24th 16, 10:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JW

On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 17:59:41 -0400 Paul wrote in
Message id: :

http://autosom.net/noticias/20151203000114ds18_09.jpg

HOLY CRAP!