hard drive's future

Old January 7th 05, 05:52 AM
cupcakelee

Default hard drive's future

pls discuss...

do u think we will keep buying hdd in the future
or will there be a point that broadband become so fast and cheap that we
dont need to stack things in the hdd, or will we be downloading more stuff
and needing bigger hdd

Old January 7th 05, 07:00 AM
Skeleton Man

do u think we will keep buying hdd in the future
or will there be a point that broadband become so fast and cheap that we
dont need to stack things in the hdd, or will we be downloading more stuff
and needing bigger hdd

I think the apocalypse is near and we'll all be dead by the time we need to
consider such things..

Regards,
Chris

Old January 7th 05, 08:06 AM
kony

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 16:52:27 +1100, "cupcakelee"
wrote:

pls discuss...

do u think we will keep buying hdd in the future

Yes,
until solid-state storage has evolved to provide suitable
capacity, speed, and price-reduction.

or will there be a point that broadband become so fast and cheap that we
dont need to stack things in the hdd,

No, it would be long long time if ever that people didn't
want local storage. Regardless of what that local storage
device is, it would be on-premises.

or will we be downloading more stuff
and needing bigger hdd

Depends on the type of user you are.
Some people wonder why they need 100GB of free space on
their new HDD, and others can't get enough storage.
Particularly those working with or storing video, and to a
less extent gamers, need more storage space than most people
on a "PC". If you want a prediction about 100 years from
now, or even 50, sorry I can't help you there.

Old January 7th 05, 01:31 PM
Alceryes

I think the apocalypse is near and we'll all be dead by the time we need
consider such things..

Cool!! Time to go take out a loan...
--

"I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"

- Alceryes

Old January 7th 05, 02:21 PM
recursor

"Alceryes" wrote in message ...
I think the apocalypse is near and we'll all be dead by the time we need to
consider such things..

Cool!! Time to go take out a loan...
--

Yup, time to get those ole credit cards maxxed out

Old January 7th 05, 03:25 PM
cupcakelee

"recursor" . uk...

"Alceryes" wrote in message
I think the apocalypse is near and we'll all be dead by the time we need
consider such things..

Cool!! Time to go take out a loan...
--

Yup, time to get those ole credit cards maxxed out

yeah. time to get a life !!!

Old January 9th 05, 04:21 AM
Thagor

"cupcakelee" wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Excuse me while I pause the TIVO.
Now what was the discussion again?

Win XP doesn't like a second hard drive! N9WOS General 9 January 6th 05 01:10 AM
Upgrade Report [Hardware Tips: Get the Right Hard Drive - 05/11/2004] Ablang General 0 May 16th 04 03:17 AM
two hd's on same IDE channel Steve James General 25 March 13th 04 12:06 AM
Boot problem *Vanguard* General 8 February 29th 04 06:53 AM
Multi-boot Windows XP without special software Timothy Daniels General 11 December 12th 03 05:38 AM