Problem with printer since installing broadband

Old August 11th 05, 03:29 PM
Claire Owen

Default Problem with printer since installing broadband

Hi new here, I am hoping someone might know the answer to my problem.
Since having put broadband on I have a printer problem. It seems to be that
the printer tries to work but stops after one third of a page. I have been
told that a router might solve the problem. Any opinions?

Claire in Montréal, France.

Old August 11th 05, 03:33 PM
Claire Owen

Just thought I should have said Windows ME Canon iP1500 printer
Claire in Montréal, France

Old August 11th 05, 05:04 PM
bigbear

Claire

Have you tried the test print from the 'properties'? Also try to disable
your broadband connection - unplug the router or lacking that, do not
connect to the broadband. Also could try to uninstall the printer and let
it reinstall at boot up.

Bigbear

Old August 11th 05, 06:36 PM
Claire Owen

"bigbear" a écrit dans le message de news:
VFKKe.1824$Im1.899@trndny02...
Claire

Have you tried the test print from the 'properties'? Also try to disable
your broadband connection - unplug the router or lacking that, do not
connect to the broadband. Also could try to uninstall the printer and let
it reinstall at boot up.

Bigbear

Tried all of those things. Reinstalled driver the printer works when
broadband is disconected but it's such a pain to have to plug and unplug
everything . I just wanted it all to work at the same time, as long as thats
not too much to hope for !

Claire in Montréal, France.

Old August 11th 05, 07:03 PM
Mike Walsh

Broadband should not affect the printer unless the printer is shared over the network. If you don't have a local network, file and print sharing should be disabled.

--
Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

Old August 11th 05, 07:57 PM
Grinder

Claire Owen wrote:

Tried all of those things. Reinstalled driver the
printer works when broadband is disconected but it's
such a pain to have to plug and unplug everything .
I just wanted it all to work at the same time, as
long as thats not too much to hope for !

It's not an exact match to your problem, but perhaps this would be
something to try:

I had a problem with an Epson (C62, I think) printer that would screw up
its print jobs, in a manner similar to yours, though much more sporadically.

Without ever correlating the problem to a cause, I solved it by
uninstalling the boatload of software that came with it, and
reinstalling *just* the printer driver.

Perhaps there was a problem with the highly aggressive software update
module that came with the printer. Perhaps that's what's happening to
you, and why you seem to see a conflict with your broadband connection.
Perhaps I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.

I realize I'm coming off as wishy washy here, but suspect your
desperation my tend to value even spurious advice such as mine. Good luck!
Old August 12th 05, 07:08 PM
Claire Owen

"MrGrumpy" a écrit dans le message de news:
have you tried canon site for updated drivers?

Yup, but it makes no difference . I also uninstalled cleaned and defragged
before reinstalling with anti virus fire wall etc all switched off. No
difference at all, canon seem stumped.
Friend of a friend recommended a router but I am unsure in what way this
will help

Claire in Montréal, France.

Old August 12th 05, 07:12 PM
Claire Owen

"Grinder" a écrit dans le message de news:
qcNKe.259863$xm3.84161@attbi_s21...

Claire Owen wrote:

[...]

I know what you mean. I have tried installing it with just the printer
driver on the Cd and with just the printer driver from the canon website!!
No joy at all.
Just the sound of hair gently being torn !!!!!!
Still wonder what the router will offer so far my investigations seem to
tell me it will allow all computers in the house to use the broadband
wirelessly!! not sure how that will help the problem.

Claire in Montréal, France.

Old August 13th 05, 06:05 PM
MrGrumpy

Are both your broadband and printer via usb?
If so perhaps check your mobo manu site for any updated chipset/usb drivers.
Do you know what size your pwr supply is?