My machine has been ATI born again!!

Old November 24th 03, 06:57 PM
Dunny Rummy

Default My machine has been ATI born again!!

Just upgraded to a Radeon 9600SE from a FX5200 which was upgraded from
a GeForce 2TI (iron horse of a card).
WOW! what a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOHAA is SWEEEEET on Radeon 9600SE!!
No more Nvidia for me, I'm a new ATI converted man!
Old November 24th 03, 10:26 PM
Pluvious

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:57:09 GMT, Dunny Rummy wrote:

Just upgraded to a Radeon 9600SE from a FX5200 which was upgraded from
a GeForce 2TI (iron horse of a card).
WOW! what a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOHAA is SWEEEEET on Radeon 9600SE!!
No more Nvidia for me, I'm a new ATI converted man!

Now go check out www.omegacorner.com for his 'tweaked' ati drivers. They will
increse your IQ quality and smoothness in games. Read the whole site before
installing and pay close attention to the readme file before you install.

Congrats on the new card and welcome to the club. I switched from a TI4400 GF to
a 9700 pro and won't be going back to Nvidia now that I've seen the light.

Pluvious

Old November 25th 03, 12:39 AM
Shawk

wrote in message
Yeah, bet you won't be saying that for long. I went from a GF2 to a
9600 pro, and had nothing but crashes & lockups.

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:57:09 GMT, Dunny Rummy wrote:

Just upgraded to a Radeon 9600SE from a FX5200 which was upgraded from
a GeForce 2TI (iron horse of a card).
WOW! what a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOHAA is SWEEEEET on Radeon 9600SE!!
No more Nvidia for me, I'm a new ATI converted man!

......and if everyone else had that problem ATI wouldnt sell a card. Do you
look at the NVidia group? Plenty of crashes and lock ups there too.

Have you let everyone know what the symptoms are so they can try to help? I
have a 9600 Pro here and its more stable than the GF3 Ti200 was.

Pluvious - glad its all working. Enjoy it, Shawk

Old November 25th 03, 01:20 AM
Inglo

On 11/24/2003 10:57 AM Dunny Rummy befouled our nation with:

Just upgraded to a Radeon 9600SE from a FX5200 which was upgraded from
a GeForce 2TI (iron horse of a card).
WOW! what a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOHAA is SWEEEEET on Radeon 9600SE!!
No more Nvidia for me, I'm a new ATI converted man!

Why do you go for cards with one testicle removed?

--
"All right kids, are you ready for the Neverland Ranch puppet show?"

Steve [Inglo]
Old November 25th 03, 03:46 AM
Dark Avenger

Dunny Rummy wrote in message . ..
Just upgraded to a Radeon 9600SE from a FX5200 which was upgraded from
a GeForce 2TI (iron horse of a card).
WOW! what a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOHAA is SWEEEEET on Radeon 9600SE!!
No more Nvidia for me, I'm a new ATI converted man!

As said before, get the Omega drivers and enjoy a graphic experience
as never before!

Full Quality, Full Performance... it's sweet!

Though not many games yet incorperate DX9 and titles like Max Pain II
only use Pixel Shaders 2.0 for a few effects ( like the mirrors )
you'll find that playing games will go smooth like hell :-)
Old November 25th 03, 10:46 AM
Darthy

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:57:09 GMT, Dunny Rummy wrote:

Just upgraded to a Radeon 9600SE from a FX5200 which was upgraded from
a GeForce 2TI (iron horse of a card).
WOW! what a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOHAA is SWEEEEET on Radeon 9600SE!!
No more Nvidia for me, I'm a new ATI converted man!

If you bought it from a store, I'd take it back and get a 9600 at
least, if no a PRO or XT.

Yes, its better than the 5200 - but not by much. Its 64bit memory is
very damaging. Its slower than the 9000Pro and Ti4200.

Its not too bad of a card for $130... but its half the card of the
$150 ATI 9600 by another brand on the shelf.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1910&p=20

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old November 25th 03, 04:20 PM
Dunny Rummy

I assumed I bought a factory ATI.
I got it from COMPUSA
http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...C29B804CE4E17F
Below is a report generated first by futuremark

The box reads "ATI Radeon 9600SE"
So are you saying the SE edition is less than the Pro or just the
9600?
I had hoped I grabbed the right 9600.
Don't tell me I wound up with a weak card ((((
I cant really afford a 9800PRO but I want SOME bragging rights from my
old Geforce 2TI and certainly the crappy 5200FX I had.

BTW In hardware device manager it lists the ATI Radeon 9600SE twice
(one as a secondary). --see report below--
Is this normal (seeing this is my first ATI card)?

Am I a newbie in computers? No.
Did I unistall the old Nvidia drivers prior to installing the new
card? Yes.
Thanks for the help group!

CPU:
Manufacturer AMD
Family AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+
Internal Clock 1.5 GHz
Internal Clock Maximum 3.0 GHz
External Clock 133.0 MHz
Socket Designation Socket A
Upgrade ZIF Socket
Capabilities MMX, CMov, RDTSC, 3DNow!, Extended 3DNow!, SSE
Version AMD Athlon(tm) XP
memory:

Total Physical Memory 768 MB
Free Physical Memory 522 MB
MOBO:
Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Model A7N8X
Version REV 1.xx
BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD
BIOS Version ASUS A7N8X Deluxe ACPI BIOS Rev 1004
BIOS Release Date 05/14/2003
BIOS Properties Plug and Play, Flash, AGP
AGP
Revision 3.0
Rate 4x, 8x (4x enabled)
Available Rate 0x0000000c
Selected Rate 0x00000004
Aperture Size 0 B
Sideband Addressing supported (disabled)
Fast Write supported (disabled)

RADEON 9600 SERIES Driver 6.14.10.6387

Description RADEON 9600 SERIES
Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc.
Total Local Video Memory 128 MB
Total Local Texture Memory 128 MB
Total AGP Memory 0 B
Driver File ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version 6.14.10.6387
Driver Details 7.94-030917m-011595C-ATI
Driver Date 9-12-2003
Driver WHQL Certified false
Max Texture Width 2048 px
Max Texture Height 2048 px
Max User Clipping Planes 6
Max Active Hardware Lights 8
Max Texture Blending Stages 8
Textures In Single Pass 8
Vertex Shader Version 2.0
Pixel Shader Version 2.0
Max Vertex Blend Matrices 37
Max Texture Coordinates 8
VGA Memory Clock 195.8 MHz
VGA Core Clock 324.0 MHz
HD Capacities:

Hard Disk Drive 1/6
Name WDC WD200BB-75AUA1
Manufacturer (Standard disk drives)
Capacity 18.64 GB
Model WDC WD200BB-75AUA1
Interface Type IDE

Hard Disk Drive 2/6
Name WDC WD12 00BB-53CAA0 SCSI Disk Device
Manufacturer (Standard disk drives)
Capacity 111.79 GB
Model WDC WD12 00BB-53CAA0 SCSI Disk Device
Interface Type SCSI

Hard Disk Drive 3/6
Name WDC WD20 00JB-34EVA0 SCSI Disk Device
Manufacturer (Standard disk drives)
Capacity 186.31 GB
Model WDC WD20 00JB-34EVA0 SCSI Disk Device
Interface Type SCSI

Hard Disk Drive 4/6
Name WDC WD20 0BB-00AUA1 SCSI Disk Device
Manufacturer (Standard disk drives)
Capacity 18.64 GB
Model WDC WD20 0BB-00AUA1 SCSI Disk Device
Interface Type SCSI

Hard Disk Drive 5/6
Name WDC WD40 0BB-00CLB0 SCSI Disk Device
Manufacturer (Standard disk drives)
Capacity 37.27 GB
Model WDC WD40 0BB-00CLB0 SCSI Disk Device
Interface Type SCSI

Hard Disk Drive 6/6
Name WDC WD60 0BB-32CXA0 SCSI Disk Device
Manufacturer (Standard disk drives)
Capacity 55.90 GB
Model WDC WD60 0BB-32CXA0 SCSI Disk Device
Interface Type SCSI

Old November 25th 03, 06:00 PM
Sooo Sad

yeah

what is a SE have to offer what pro can offer?

any ideas???

wabn abuy a new videocard.

"Dunny Rummy" wrote in message
I assumed I bought a factory ATI.
I got it from COMPUSA

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...308212&pfp=src
h1&sid=3FC29B804CE4E17F

-----------------------

---------------------

----------------------

-

Old November 25th 03, 07:13 PM
Magwheelz

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:00:20 GMT, "Sooo Sad"
wrote:
what is a SE have to offer what pro can offer?
any ideas???
wabn abuy a new videocard.

How much $$$ you got?

Gotta go,