A7V8X-X Ver 1.01

Old July 9th 03, 06:24 AM
Moe

Default A7V8X-X Ver 1.01

Does anyone know if version 1.01 of the A7V8X-X motherboard supports AGP 8x?
In the bios I only have options for [AUTO] - [AGP 1X] - [AGP 2X] - [AGP 4X].
Also when I run Sandra the AGP capabilities section displays [Version: 2.00]
and [Data Transfer Modes Support: 1x 2x 4x]

Currently I have an Abit GF4 Ti4200 (4x version) in the system. Is it
possible that the MB detects this and doesn't display the 8x option?
I bought this board refurbished and if I can't upgrade my video card
eventually I'm gonna return it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old July 9th 03, 06:44 AM
Paul H

you are correct, the mobo only displays options as supported by the card.
If you fit an 8x card, that option will be listed also.

[Overclocking] A7V8X / Barton 2500+ Lucius Snow Overclocking AMD Processors 11 January 14th 04 08:49 PM
54°C on A7V8X Paul Asus Motherboards 6 July 9th 03 04:07 PM
Barton - A7V8X Patrick Asus Motherboards 4 July 4th 03 06:36 AM
a7v8x overclocking problem: fsn blocked at 141 elnimbus Asus Motherboards 0 July 1st 03 08:58 AM
A7V8X DDR memory Jonesgold Asus Motherboards 1 June 29th 03 11:58 PM