NEW Pc build Help Needed. Thanks.

Old November 8th 05, 03:30 AM
Alex broden

Default NEW Pc build Help Needed. Thanks.

NEW Pc build Help Needed. Thanks.

Ive been waiting for a few things to drop into place. Sata 2 with NCQ
and Dual core and maybe even a decent vicdeocard. now these have come
down to a decent price its time to build my pc.

But me need alittle help. This pc will do me for years i hope. So iam
putting some decent stuff into it.

The prices iam using are Australian dollars. So No US people please
saying WOW thats an expensive pc. Well **** actually it is Ive just
adde dthis after adding everything up BAHAHA.

Iam going to use this pc to play games on my HD Tv and do Video
Encoding and other stuff. Should be sweet with dualcore.

This PC is my christmas and birthday and easter and whatever present
Add Holiday here

CPU X2 3800 or X2 4200 536.00

I can use a 4200 if i want. Just not sure if a 4200 is that much
better than a 3800
X2. maybe you can help me decide.

Mobo Abit 300.00

I was thinking Abit Ultra somthing. I like Abit.

Ram 2 Gig Low Latency. Dual 500.00

I want 2 Gig in my sytem. You may think this is to much. But i want
this pc to last many years. Iam going to do lots of High Definition
encoding. Using MSEncoder and other stuff so i will need it. ill be
working with 4 gig plus video files.

I realy have no idea what kind of ram in Low Latency their is in 1 Gig
sticks. So i realy need some help here.

VideoCard 7800 GT 256 Meg 600.00

Well from what ive been reading this card is the best bang for buck at
them moment. 20 pipes of YUMMY. iam going to conect this to my TV via
the Din to componet cable. Hope its got a DIn and a cable ????

Harddisk 2 Sata 2 drives in Raid. Atleast 160 gigs X 2 254.00
127.00
For one Drive.

Ive wanted to do raid for a while. So or my new pc this is what iam
doing

Iam leaning towards Samsung for the raid. As i want a quiet system.
And reliable.

Soundcard Audigy 2 ZS 150.00

This is my current sound card and seems decent enough. Creative have
releaed a new one. Audacity or somthing. So i might get one of those.

Mouse Logitech G7 Cordless. 140.00

If you want the best cordless mouse this is it.

Keyboard Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard. 100.00

It s got a LCD screen. No moreinfo needed

Grand Total 2580

Now with Sata 2 with NCQ in raid and X2 Dual Core and PCIE Videocard
AND 2 gigs of Low latancy in Dual mode. Now that must be a decent pc
right

HOLLY CRAP. Thats alot. Do you think its worth it. I try to get it
down to 2000 bucks that sounds better.

Thanks for any help, helping me out.

Thanks all.