Making One Partition?

Old December 28th 04, 11:59 PM
Arthur Pratz

Default Making One Partition?

Hi,
I am tring to make my hard drive one partition only.
In the XP Pro Setup I can delete it, but it only becomes free space, not
part of the drive again.
How do I get the Boot Drive(c), To merge with the Deleted partition(e) that
I deleted to make free space that I formatted.
Any Ideas other than Partition Magic?
Thanks,
Mike

Old December 29th 04, 06:13 AM
Thomas Wendell

Other ideas? Yes, BootItNG http://www.bootitng.com/
XP doesn't have tools for what you want..

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Arthur Pratz" kirjoitti viestissä

Old December 29th 04, 07:06 AM
John Smithe

"Arthur Pratz" wrote in
:

Hi,
I am tring to make my hard drive one partition only.
In the XP Pro Setup I can delete it, but it only becomes free space, not
part of the drive again.
How do I get the Boot Drive(c), To merge with the Deleted partition(e) that
I deleted to make free space that I formatted.
Any Ideas other than Partition Magic?
Thanks,
Mike

Won't XP let you increase the size of the c: drive by adding the existing
free space to the c: drive? Check in the disk management utility.