Why I cannot use Internet Banking

Old April 25th 04, 03:28 PM
Mr. LAU Chi-Ming

Default Why I cannot use Internet Banking

My home computer (PII 333 MHz 128MB SDram, run on Win98SE) using standalone
6 MBps ADSL for internet access. It works fine for all web browsing, with
the exception of Internet Banking & other e-business site.

On the other hand, my company's computer is an even older machine (PII 233
MHz, 64MB SDram, run on Win NT4) using a router shared 6 MBps ADSL internet
access. It is O.K. for all web browing include Internet banking & other
e-business sites.

It is very clear that my home computer's Win98SE's built-in I.E.5 software
(or hardware)'s security setting(s) must have some problem(s), which stop me
from doing those security sensitive transcation(s) on the Internet.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Old April 25th 04, 04:05 PM
Diablo1399

Mr. LAU Chi-Ming wrote:
My home computer (PII 333 MHz 128MB SDram, run on Win98SE) using standalone
6 MBps ADSL for internet access. It works fine for all web browsing, with
the exception of Internet Banking & other e-business site.

On the other hand, my company's computer is an even older machine (PII 233
MHz, 64MB SDram, run on Win NT4) using a router shared 6 MBps ADSL internet
access. It is O.K. for all web browing include Internet banking & other
e-business sites.

It is very clear that my home computer's Win98SE's built-in I.E.5 software
(or hardware)'s security setting(s) must have some problem(s), which stop me
from doing those security sensitive transcation(s) on the Internet.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Many internet banking sites use Java. Check that you have Java
installed for your web browser.
Old April 25th 04, 10:01 PM
Tom

Hi

You're problem could be to do with the Cipher strength of the version
of IE you are using. Most Internet banking sites and other secure
websites require 128-bit encryption, however older versions of IE
might only have 40-bit encryption.

Click Help About under IE and check you're cipher strength. If it's
below 128-bit then you need to upgrade you're version of IE, or use
another browser with 128-bit encryption.

- Tom

Old April 26th 04, 12:56 AM
Ron Cook

Old April 26th 04, 02:31 AM
Franzz

Hi,

You can try the following steps;

a) IE .. go to tools -- Internet options -- advanced and scroll down
to security and enable SSL

Check SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0

b) Donot set your security settings too high.. Check this
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...y/settings.asp

c) Check this

Also

a) Disable firewall and pop-up blocker

b) Open IE -- tools -- internet options -- advanced and restore
defaults

c) Clear all temp internet files and cookies

d) Make IE as your default browser

Hope it helps...