Big surprise from Dell

Old December 27th 05, 05:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Big surprise from Dell

On Saturday I contacted Dell regarding a purchase I made of a Dell E510.
I asked the agent if the operating system DVD was in the box being
delivered on Thursday this week. When I ordered the system it said that
the backup DVD was included, but on the check-out list it wasn't listed.
The agent told me it wasn't and that he would ship out the DVD, and I
would have it next business day at no charge. Sure enough a DHL truck
just dropped of the box which contained not only the Operating System
DVDs but all the other support CDs. I then received a phone call from
the agent at Dell asking if I received the disks. I feel that was a step
forward for Dell. Maybe they are actually listening to its customers
regarding support.
Old December 27th 05, 07:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"Joel" wrote:
On Saturday I contacted Dell regarding a purchase I made
of a Dell E510. I asked the agent if the operating system
DVD was in the box being delivered on Thursday this week.
When I ordered the system it said that the backup DVD was
included, but on the check-out list it wasn't listed. The agent
told me it wasn't and that he would ship out the DVD, and I
would have it next business day at no charge. Sure enough
a DHL truck just dropped of the box which contained not only
the Operating System DVDs but all the other support CDs.
I then received a phone call from the agent at Dell asking if I
received the disks. I feel that was a step forward for Dell.
Maybe they are actually listening to its customers regarding
support.

That's encouraging, but it wasn't "after market support"
that you got, it was order fulfillment. And now Dell has your
telephone number when all it actually needed was your
email address. I *never* give companies a real telephone
number because the temptation to sell it or to use it for
marketing by "affiliated partners" is just too great - especially
since they didn't promise in writing not to "share" it, and since
it's virtually impossible to track down the source of a telephone
sales company's phone number list. But thanks for sharing your
good experience. "And may I have your telephone number so
I may call you back in case we get cut off?" :-)

*TimDaniels*

Old December 27th 05, 07:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"Joel" wrote in message
On Saturday I contacted Dell regarding a purchase I made of a Dell E510. I
asked the agent if the operating system DVD was in the box being delivered
on Thursday this week. When I ordered the system it said that the backup
DVD was included, but on the check-out list it wasn't listed. The agent
told me it wasn't and that he would ship out the DVD, and I would have it
next business day at no charge. Sure enough a DHL truck just dropped of
the box which contained not only the Operating System DVDs but all the
other support CDs. I then received a phone call from the agent at Dell
asking if I received the disks. I feel that was a step forward for Dell.
Maybe they are actually listening to its customers regarding support.

Glad you received a prompt solution, but the thing is this is nothing new.

From posts made to this ng, support experiences have generally been either
very good or very bad, with very few in between.

Stew

Old December 28th 05, 10:09 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Joel wrote:
On Saturday I contacted Dell regarding a purchase I made of a Dell E510.
I asked the agent if the operating system DVD was in the box being
delivered on Thursday this week. When I ordered the system it said that
the backup DVD was included, but on the check-out list it wasn't listed.
The agent told me it wasn't and that he would ship out the DVD, and I
would have it next business day at no charge. Sure enough a DHL truck
just dropped of the box which contained not only the Operating System
DVDs but all the other support CDs. I then received a phone call from
the agent at Dell asking if I received the disks. I feel that was a step
forward for Dell. Maybe they are actually listening to its customers
regarding support.

I just had that same problem with Dell...I purchased an XPS system and
it came with no backup DVD. They did send me the operating system DVD,
but no other support DVD's. Which others did you get? I felt I should
have gotten others for the programs installed by Dell, and also the
drivers for my add-ons.

Beth
Old December 28th 05, 01:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

bstern wrote:
Joel wrote:
[...]

They sent me the Operating System, the drivers and the CD that contains
the anti virus and ISP junk.
Old January 9th 06, 08:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:53:59 -0500, Joel wrote:

Sure enough a DHL truck
just dropped of the box which contained not only the Operating System
DVDs

Are you sure it's a DVD? I can't see why they'd need that much space
for an OS.
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots: