Refilling Brother HL 2240 toner cartridge

Old July 8th 19, 03:27 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Refilling Brother HL 2240 toner cartridge

I refilled my Brother HL 2240 toner cartridge.

Then it started printing poorly, so I thought it needed to be refilled.

The instructions said to remove the old toner.

I assumed they meant residual toner that was leftover.

That was not the case, as I bunch came out.

I lost my links to the process of refilling the toner.

I found another link, but the guy is taking half the cartridge apart and vacuuming those parts.

What's the deal?

Does anyone have some experience with that model that they could share?

Thanks,
Andy
Old July 9th 19, 05:30 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Shadow[_2_]

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 18:39:00 -0700 (PDT), Andrew Kennedy
wrote:

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 1:33:52 PM UTC-5, Shadow wrote:
On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 19:27:29 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I refilled my Brother HL 2240 toner cartridge.

Then it started printing poorly, so I thought it needed to be refilled.

The instructions said to remove the old toner.

I assumed they meant residual toner that was leftover.

Yes, it might react with the new toner and form clumps.

That was not the case, as I bunch came out.

I lost my links to the process of refilling the toner.

I found another link, but the guy is taking half the cartridge apart and vacuuming those parts.

Google "Brother HL 2240 refill" and look at the videos

What's the deal?

Don't know about your model, but usually you only have to
clean the cylinder if it starts smudging the paper.
Otherwise, just refill.

--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Thanks so much shadow.

I found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KXnLBtGVgA

And the printer is now in service.

Thanks for the feedback.

Youtube videos are great, in that you can pause/backtrack or
slow-motion them while you do the repair.

I also maintain my Samsung ML_2010 thanks to videos I
downloaded 8 years or so ago.

$7 for the refill versus $38 at Walmart.

When they don't have chip-protection, they're really cheap to
maintain.
Remember Paul's advice in the other group. Toner is EXTREMELY
toxic and can cause long-term conditions. Never breath it in, and use
rubber surgical gloves(disposable - do throw them out when you're
done) while you're working on the printer.
[]'s
Old July 9th 19, 05:47 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Shadow[_2_]

wrote:

I found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KXnLBtGVgA

And the printer is now in service.

I watched this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz5sY225oSk

Didn't recommend it because wasn't sure if it was your exact
model.

It's always good to download different videos so you can see
the various angles/techniques. And save the videos, they tend to
disappear, and hopefully you will be refilling again. (PS the guy in
"my" video blows the toner all over the place - NOT good - I never use
a vacuum cleaner)
[]'s
Old September 17th 19, 06:39 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Kennedy

wrote:

[...]

Instead of using gloves, I wash my hands thoroughly.

Andy