RAM on Dell Latitude D800 laptop

Old February 2nd 05, 10:45 PM
No Such Luck

Default RAM on Dell Latitude D800 laptop

Hi All:

I have a Dell Latitude D800 laptop, and I am interested in increasing
its current RAM amount from 512 MB to 1 GB. The only problem is that
both WinXP and the system BIOS are only telling me that the system has
512 MB, but nothing about how much RAM is in each RAM bay. So I don't
know what to buy.

1) Does this laptop have 1 or 2 RAM bays?
2) If it does have 2 RAM bays, how can I find out if the current 512 is
composed of 1 512 RAM stick or 2 256 MB RAM sticks?

Thanks in advance.

Old February 3rd 05, 12:53 AM
HillBillyBuddhist

"No Such Luck" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All:

I have a Dell Latitude D800 laptop, and I am interested in increasing
its current RAM amount from 512 MB to 1 GB. The only problem is that
both WinXP and the system BIOS are only telling me that the system has
512 MB, but nothing about how much RAM is in each RAM bay. So I don't
know what to buy.

1) Does this laptop have 1 or 2 RAM bays?
2) If it does have 2 RAM bays, how can I find out if the current 512 is
composed of 1 512 RAM stick or 2 256 MB RAM sticks?

Thanks in advance.

Your Service Manual is here;
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...m_en/index.htm

Like the other guy said look and see what's in there. It's a single screw.

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details.

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Look it up at www.crucial.com

System Information for the
Dell Latitude D800
a.. System Type: Laptop/Notebook
b.. Maximum memory: 2048MB
c.. Standard memory: 128, 256, or 512MB removable
d.. Slots/banks: 2 (2 banks of 1)

Old February 3rd 05, 04:42 PM
Mike Walsh

The BIOS might give you the information e.g. 512 MB in slot 1 and 0 MB in slot 2. Not sure which key will get into the BIOS on your PC, try F2.

--
Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

deciding between Dell, HP & Toshiba for a Laptop Mustafa General 1 August 31st 04 02:55 AM
Old Dell Laptop monitor The Walkers General 3 November 10th 03 11:13 PM
Dell Latitude Laptop Paul Hathaway General 1 October 31st 03 03:08 AM
dell d800 m General 1 October 23rd 03 04:41 PM
Dell Laptop slowing down Guy Cooper General 0 August 8th 03 12:09 AM